Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia

Any Newfoundland HHR Owners on deck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 06:06 PM

Any Newfoundland HHR Owners on deck?

Hey are there any Newf HHR owners on this forum? Mine is in shipping hell somewhere but hopefully will be here in two weeks or I am sans wheels..the old Mazda Protoge 5 lease is up
Old 06-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Deceased

Welcome and hope the boat is quick
good luck
Old 06-08-2006, 06:18 PM

Stick around here. It's all good.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:35 PM

Hi there, Good to have a Newfie here Good Crusing when you get your HHR.

Me, Been to Bishop's Falls For Newfoundland Hydro..
Old 06-09-2006, 06:54 PM

HHR location

My HHR is on a train half way between Windsor Ontario and Halifax Nova Scotia. She left Windsor Sunday past and apparently with stops along the way takes about 7 to 10 days to make it to Halifax. The cargo ships that bring the cars over leave on the weekends only so if it gets to Halifax early next week as it should the dealer is going to "try" to get it on the ship next weekend supposing they have to bump one of the own vehicles destined for general stock. 24 hours or so at sea and she will be in port. On the truck on Monday or Tuesday to the dealer for prep and installation of the running boards and the rear bumper protector (dogs...). Wednesday June 21 the Mazda goes back so I am crossing everthing I can that the HHR will be on the road on that date. If anything goes wrong (and there are SOOOO many points that could happen) and I am s**t out of luck for another while. Dealer has promised I won't be left walking though!

I can't wait. I have owned 8 cars since 1989 and 4 were custom orders and I do not recall such anticipation with any others.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:04 PM

Newfoundland and the price of gas

Tomshhr,

I hope you enjoyed it here. It is a great place for long drives. Just gotta watch out for moose and potholes that will soooo eat low profile tires...and then there are the bug splats. Oh and you guys state side think $3 a gallon is high for gas. We pay right now $1.165 per liter or approximately $4.42 CDN per American gallon. That is about $3.99 give or take a penny USD per US gallon...i'll take the $3 per gallon thanks...
Old 06-09-2006, 07:08 PM

Yep the Speed Bumps..
Old 06-18-2006, 11:21 AM

Well I will know Monday at noon if my HHR made it on the container ship from Halifax. The HHR arrived in Halifax Wednesday and the dealer promised to make every effort to get in the ship leaving today from Halifax. If it did get on, I should have it in hand Wednesday at the latest barring any problems, maybe even Tuesday.

For those who don't know where Newfoundland is, it the the most easterly province of Canada, a big island so everything comes by container (or big rig on a ferry).
Old 06-18-2006, 06:13 PM

There is a HHR (silver) in Wabush Labrador..
Old 06-19-2006, 09:00 PM

Well the HHR did not make it on the ship. I am sooooo disappointed . Now the dealer is saying Friday but late in all liklihood. Since they are closed on the weekends for the summer, it would be Monday or Tuesday of next week before prepped and I get it. Part of the joy of living on an island is depending on container ship deliveries....Now as "punishment" for them not getting it here on time, they will have to find me something to drive for a few days since my Mazda goes back to the dealer Wednesday...lease over.

Maybe it will be a demo HHR...... I can only wish!

Oh well wining over!

Quick Reply: Any Newfoundland HHR Owners on deck?