Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Bluetooth for 06-07 HHR's with onstar!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 03:23 AM

Bluetooth for 06-07 HHR's with onstar!!!!!

Aybody with onstar on an 06-07 HHR and other onstar equipped vehicles can add a module and have Bluetooth. check out costartech.com I just found out about this on a cadillac forum and had to tell everybody about this, can somebody try it out and let us know?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:25 PM

Has anybody checked out the website? It looks like we would have to get the BlueSTAR PnP GMLAN-11 Complete Kit that Includes BlueSTAR PnP-GMLAN and Motorola HF850 junction box. Looks like you just disconnect the onstar connector and plug in the bluestar connector and thats it according to the qiuck start guide. What do you guys think? This is the link to where I found out about it cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/143407-onstar-bluetooth-conversion-completed.html anybody have an opinion about this?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by defiftyae
Has anybody checked out the website? It looks like we would have to get the BlueSTAR PnP GMLAN-11 Complete Kit that Includes BlueSTAR PnP-GMLAN and Motorola HF850 junction box. Looks like you just disconnect the onstar connector and plug in the bluestar connector and thats it according to the qiuck start guide. What do you guys think? This is the link to where I found out about it cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/143407-onstar-bluetooth-conversion-completed.html anybody have an opinion about this?
i found a system that works thru the factory radio and also uses the steering wheel controls this thing is the best what i really like is the wireless music streaming from my ipod you have got to try www.bftsync.com and i installed it myself in less than 15 mins
Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by charlieb
i found a system that works thru the factory radio and also uses the steering wheel controls this thing is the best what i really like is the wireless music streaming from my ipod you have got to try www.bftsync.com and i installed it myself in less than 15 mins
I noticed those are the Parrot systems that BFTSync sells. Is that what you got? Which model?

I purchased an older system - Bury CC9040 for my 2008 HHR SS (based on testing Bluetooth Handsfree systems for a living). It's very basic, but works well. Speaker output quality is amazing from that system (not using stereo system speakers which means no splicing). I've heard the microphone quality is a bit tinny in the HHR from folks on the other end of the line. I've heard it in other cars and it sounds good. Mic placement maybe the cause for that.

The installation guys tied into a dash relay to use the steering wheel controls/ radio mute because they are tied in with the OnStar system located at the rear of the car. Too this, the system uses a negative ground, the Bury uses positive ground for radio mute. The only thing I lose is the turn signal clicker when the Hands Free system (HFS as we call it) is engaged.

I would have purchased a visor mount if not for the fact that I'm tall and aready looking into the roof line a bit. The Visor mount would have intruded into my sight lines.

R.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by defiftyae
Aybody with onstar on an 06-07 HHR and other onstar equipped vehicles can add a module and have Bluetooth. check out costartech.com I just found out about this on a cadillac forum and had to tell everybody about this, can somebody try it out and let us know?
Thank for the link! I will have to check these guys out.

R.

Last edited by hhrsscanuck; 02-17-2010 at 10:11 AM.