Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Can Two Batteries Be Utilized 2006 Hhr

Old 02-18-2008, 04:04 AM

Can Two Batteries Be Utilized 2006 Hhr

I have a problem with idling especially when heater is on and lights .It is a new battery and the car has just been serviced with a new shifter and ignition. Idling problem occurred befor that . I have had a lot of trucks in a contsruction company I own . Dual batteries have never been a problem before with these trucks . But This car is so delicate in the "electrons coordination " area . interesting the remote start but I can imagine the electrons needed to secure that alone . Anybody tried it yet . I already own two as I bought when car would not start .plenty of room in the tire well .
Thanks for any info . i don,t want to off the subject here . but I have a 2.2 2006 LT model with a cutout capped to accept a subwoofer . Is there wiring behind the panel to signal the subwoofer . Is a remote absolutely necessary for a solid state subwoofer . Amplifier is in the sound box itself . Sorry for all the questions . This car makes me hesitant in any mods .
Old 02-18-2008, 07:57 AM

I have had 2 batteries no problem, now I have 8 batteries with no problems.
If you are having idling or electrical issues you really need to figure it out before you go adding batteries. Adding batteries wont help you. I have almost 20,000 watts of amplification so I need extra batteries.
Sounds like you could have computer or alternator problems. Or maybe just motor problems.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:01 AM

Your probably right about the idling .. The only thing is when I use any power draining accessories the idle starts hunting for zero if you know what I mean .Off . But I do have a Bass tube but nothing extremely heavy in the audio dept. . If I may ask you a question . I used the Dark blue-light blue - and other colors on passenger side bottom to feed the bass tube . I have to run on high input . Is there a better connection on the radio itself . I have the advanced radio -Xm - What I,m really yearning for is more volume . guess I need the separate amp --. But you are the expert .
Thank you for any info . John
Old 02-21-2008, 01:12 PM

Yes, if you have XM, then you should check the sticky post about patching into the premium system.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/how-hook-up-amp-sub-woofer-setup-without-affecting-existing-premium-sys-10944/
Old 02-22-2008, 08:39 AM

I have five Optimas for my system and one for the car...no problems here.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:04 AM

I didnt have much experience tapping into the factory system in this car as I pulled the whole thing out the second day I owned the car.
But the factory amp is attached to the factory sub enclosure in the rear quarter on the drivers side. Blue/dark blue, and green/dark green are speaker wires but these are high level from the amp and you would need to use a converter or have an amp with high level inputs on your amp. You can tap into the signl wire from the headunit for a cleaner signal to go to RCAs. Is your bass tube have a built in amp? or are you using a seperate amp?
Old 02-22-2008, 10:05 AM

BY the way, Collyn,
How loud is your HHR?
Old 02-22-2008, 10:22 AM

Here is my video at the 2007 dB Drag World Finals right after my 149.2 dB run.

I have sinced gained a few dB but I havent proved it at an actual show yet so I will wait until after AudioThunder March 8th and 9th to post results.

P.S. ONLY Termlab scores count when it comes to SPL.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30853585510127
Old 02-22-2008, 02:01 PM

How would you connect dual batteries? in Parallel ?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:10 PM

Yes parallel. This will increase current capability but keep voltage the same.
If you want to get fancy you can use dual battery isolator so one battery will only start the car and run the car electronics, and the second battery will only run your amps. If you ask me you dont need to do this though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can Two Batteries Be Utilized 2006 Hhr