Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Fresh email from GM: Your XM is on now.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:04 PM

Fresh email from GM: Your XM is on now.

This message contains graphics. If you are having trouble viewing them, click here.

Your XM Radio ID: UZLxxxxx
Your vehicle: CHEVROLET HHR
Dear Jeff®,

Everything worth listening to is now on XM Radio.* With over 170 channels, XM brings you more of what you love, including commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, plus news, talk and entertainment. We don’t want you to miss out on all the great programming XM has to offer. So from now until March 25, we’re giving you a special sneak preview of the incredible programming on XM. All at no cost to you.

Your XM is on now. All you need to do is push the BAND/XM button and enjoy.

During the first week, you’re sure to find the entertainment you’re looking for from a selection of XM’s most popular channels:

8 — ’80s on 8 — ’80s Pop Hits

17 — Prime Country — ’80s & ’90s Country

18 — Elvis Radio — All Elvis, All the Time

26 — The Pulse — Modern Adult Hits

45 — The Spectrum — Adult Album Rock

47 — Alt Nation — New Alternative Rock

68 — The Heat — Rhythm/R&B Hits

78 — Symphony Hall — Traditional Classical

116 — Kids Place Live — Songs and Fun for Younger Kids

151 — Laugh USA — Family Comedy

175 — MLB Home Plate™ — 24/7 MLB® News and Talk

And starting March 19, a new selection of channels will be available, so you can hear even more of XM’s favorites in music, sports and comedy:

7 — ’70s on 7 — ’70s Pop Hits

16 — The Highway — New Country Hits

20 — 20 on 20 — Today’s Top 20 Hits

54 — Lithium — ’90s Alternative/Grunge

55 — Radio Margaritaville — Escape to Jimmy Buffett’s Radio Margaritaville

57 — Grateful Dead Channel — Grateful Dead 24/7

62 — Heart & Soul — Adult R&B Hits

73 — Siriusly Sinatra — Frank Sinatra and the Great American Songbook

116 — Kids Place Live — Songs and Fun for Younger Kids

144 — Mad Dog Radio — Mad Dog Radio with Chris Russo

151 — Laugh USA — Family Comedy

And what’s more, XM would like to extend a special offer to you. Subscribe to XM Everything for just $77** for 12 months or $4.99** per month for 6 months – that’s up to 50% off. Plus, there’s no activation fee. Keep the entertainment you want at an incredible discount. To subscribe now, just click here or call
1-877-228-9041.

We simply want you to get the most from your vehicle. And what better way to do that than by hearing more of what you want.

Sincerely,

General Motors

*XM service only available in the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia. Required XM Radio subscription sold separately after trial period. Other fees and taxes, including a one-time reactivation fee, may apply. All fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions governed by XM Customer Agreement available at xmradio.com/serviceterms. © SIRIUS, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SIRIUS XM Radio, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other marks, channel names and logos are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. ©2009 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved. All Major League Baseball trademarks and service marks used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All other marks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Elvis Radio logo ©EPE Reg. U.S. Pat & TM off. The GM Emblem is a registered trademark of GM Corp. ©2009 General Motors Corp. All rights reserved.
**Plus taxes where applicable. Offer cannot be combined with other XM offers and can only be redeemed using the Radio ID shown above. Monthly $12.95 subscription rate applies after promotional period ends. Offer is nontransferable. Other fees and taxes may apply.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an e-mail advertisement. To stop receiving these e-mails from GM solely dedicated to the XM Satellite Radio services available in your vehicle, please click here.

If you prefer not to receive any unsolicited marketing e-mails regarding GM products and services, please click here.

© 2009 General Motors Corp.| Copyright & Trademark Information | GM Privacy Statement

General Motors Corporation, 100 Renaissance Center, 482-A00-MAR, Detroit, MI 48265-1000

GM-AIR-W1

I don't miss it a bit actually.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:10 PM

so wait they turned on your XM or is it just a gimmic
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 PM
jx3

Just a solicitation.........

Originally Posted by Jeff®
And what’s more, XM would like to extend a special offer to you. Subscribe to XM Everything for just $77** for 12 months or $4.99** per month for 6 months – that’s up to 50% off. Plus, there’s no activation fee. Keep the entertainment you want at an incredible discount. To subscribe now, just click here or call
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an e-mail advertisement.

If you prefer not to receive any unsolicited marketing e-mails regarding GM products and services, please click here.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by masterchief1112
so wait they turned on your XM or is it just a gimmic

Yeah, they turned it on, TEMPORARILY, for a limited period of time.

I checked mine yesterday, after receiving the same letter, and yes it was on with no "Preview" note on the screen. As jx3 says, it's just a marketing/sales ploy. I may call and see about "re-upping", just to see if you MUST give them a credit card number (which I absolutely will not do).
Old 03-13-2009, 06:06 AM

I wonder if us Canucks will get this?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:20 AM

I love my xm! I've got sirius in my Mustang. Basically the same now. But we have long term subscriptions in both HHRs and a hand held for listening in the home.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:30 PM

Also Coming in Snail-Mail. Just got it today.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:49 PM

I am on my 2nd extension of 5 months for $20. That's $4/mo.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:35 PM

Love my XM!! Great complement to IPOD, FM/AM, and CD's.... I listen to it more than the rest, and I have a HUGE collection of music in my IPOD. Only thing that would be better would be a permanent 200 gig hard drive in the car to store ALL my music on.. I have 189 gigs of music...straight from CD's, not downloaded. XM just widens my music and keeps me up to date with some new songs as wells as intro's me to old ones i never heard before. The Blues channels are the only ones I wish had a better selection. i should give them my collection to help them out!