Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Gmos-lan-04&03?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Rest In Peace

Question Gmos-lan-04&03?????

My '08 Panel has/ had the OEM pioneer setup with the 8" subwoofer.

I installed the Pioneer AVH P4200 Head Unit last July.

Crutchfield said I NEEDED the GMOS-LAN-04, Because I had the oem pioneer system.
It was $175.00.

I do Want my OnStar and all my Chimes, and with the 04 they all work.

Now- I am Upgrading the rest of my Audio/Video System with all Pioneer, what they call a "Stage 3" setup.

So this is what I ordered for my HHR Back in April-

Pioneer GM-D9500F Class-FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier
Pioneer GM-D8500M Class-D Mono Amplifier with 1200 Watts Max. Power
Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.75-Inch D-Series 280-Watt Speaker Package(These FINALLY shipped out Today as they were Ordered on April 12th)
Pioneer TS-D1602R 6.5 Inch Two-Way Speakers with 260 Watts Max Power
Pioneer TS-W3002D4 12 In. Champion Series PRO Subwoofer with 3500 Watts

In order to Keep the chimes and the OnStar I now NEED to get the GMOS-LAN-03????

What is so Different between the two, that you can't use the 04 harness?

I guess I don't understand why there is 2 of these harnesses for the HHR, all the supposed oem pioneer system is is a amp and an 8" subwoofer added, the head units are the same in either right?

As you can see, I will be adding 2 Amps, what does the 03 harness do or allow that the 04 does not in this type of an upgrade?

Before anyone says just cut it all out and wire it that way, No thank you, Not gonna happen.

Is there some kinda "work around" (Besides all together eliminating the Harness) so I can still use the harness I already bought and everything work as it should, or am I just up sh*ts creek without a paddle on this one and Must get Another harness?

(You NOT supposed to be able to watch Video while in Drive, but there are plenty of "work arounds" that allow you to do just that.)

I just HATE the idea of having to buy another harness.

Thanks
Old 05-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Founding Member

I may be wrong, but I thought the 03 was for non amplified with OnStar.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:11 PM

Correct ChevyMgr, as that's the harness I had to buy for my stereo setup.

Later
Allex
Old 05-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Rest In Peace

Question

OK, So, Do I need to get the 03 unit now, or since I am using 2 Pioneer Amps use the 04 I bought when installing the head unit with the oem factory pioneer system?

I won't be using that factory amp or 8" subwoofer.

Still Confused here.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Founding Member

My accessory guy says that you need the 03 to bypass the GM amp, but you will lose OnStar. The chimes will be retained.

So I did some more checking and found this.

http://www.amazon.com/Axxess-GMOS-LA.../dp/B000K52DX2

So I am not too sure if you will lose OnStar or not with what you ordered. Other sites with different LAN 03 products state you will lose OnStar. Confusing to say the least.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Rest In Peace

Thanks for the Help here ChevyMgr.

I saw that one on Amazon, I think it lists it up to '07, but that could just be old info with it from '07.

The 1 Review says> "I was upgrading my stereo, and needed it to enable my On-Star, phone, and turn signals to keep working. Unfortunately, you need to buy separately a relay, an additional speaker, and a push button switch if you want to control the volume. For the money, they should all be included, as the part is just a small box with wiring and plugs.

Instructions were clear and easy to follow, and everything works properly now. "

It IS totally Confusing, and you have Chevy GM access, that I don't have.

I guess the Research still goes on here. My front door speakers arrive tomorrow after a 6 week Wait so I am up a creek without a paddle here until I find out More.

I Liked the old way of car stereo being left Seperate from the cars computer type stuff. Jeez

Thanks alot for the help, I really Hate the idea or having to Invest in another harness, and it does Not work all it should.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:17 AM

You don't need another harness, you already have your aftermarket head unit installed and the aftermarket amps will run from it. I would suggest pulling the stock sub and unhooking the wires (be sure to cover them) or it will be difficult to tune for best sound.

BTW, did you buy an amp install kit?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 AM

Yeah I was looking into this a while back. The problem is the lan03 and lan04 are meant to hook up an aftermarket head unit to the factory system. When you add aftermarket amps it gets more complicated. I never did figure it out, just kept the stock head unit.
If I really felt the need for an aftermarket head unit, Id probably do it the easy way and sacrifice the chimes and onstar (which I dont subscribe to).