Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Head unit install troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 04:00 PM

Head unit install troubleshooting

So I installed a Sony XAV-601BT the other day. Huge improvement over stock the stock radio. I used the GMOS LAN04 harness for the install, I purchased it used from somebody on the Cobalt forums. I also used the Axxess ASWC-1 for to retain the steering wheel controls.

What I'm running into is no more sound from the driver rear speaker, and for the life of me I cannot get the steering wheel controls to program properly. I soldered all connections to ensure nothing comes loose, and I've double checked all speaker connections to make sure they are correct. I have sound from the drivers rear speaker when the stock radio is connected, I verified that just a few minutes ago.

The steering wheel controls are really throwing me off. I followed the programing procedure, and the only button thats doing anything is the volume up, which tries to connect to onstar. I'm thinking maybe I tapped the wrong signal wire for the controls? Any insight would be great guys.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:58 PM

Well according to Crutchfield, if you did not have the premium sound system, these will not work? You did not mention which stereo unit was in the car so I would suggest a visit to a shop and/or getting the wire diagrams for both adapters to make sure you do have it wired correctly.