Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

More XM Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 08:17 PM

More XM Confusion

I purchased my HHR with the understanding that all I had to do for XM to work was transfer my subscription. That doesn't appear to be the case. I have RPO codes U2K, UEI, UQ3, and US8 installed but no rear shark fin antenna. I do have the front roof mounted antenna. I also have OnStar, however, I don't subscribe to it. I have the CAT button and get XM channels 0 and 1. There are so many responses on the web but I can't seem to find a direct answer. What do I need to use XM? Just the antenna addition? Any info I can get will be appreciated! Thanks all!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Technical Moderator

Have you tried to contact XM/Sirius?
All of the radios have the CAT button.
If you don't have the digital antenna, I don't know how you could get XM/Sirius.

There are a few threads re: adding XM/Sirius. Give the search tool a try. I don't have the time to do it myself.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:13 PM

I have had XM transferred to the HHR but no signal. Some have said if I am eequipped with OnStar I'm set for xm. Some feel the base of the front antenna is the digital pick up for XM and OnStar. Guess it's time for a trip to the dealer. I will search some threads here. Thanks for the response!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:45 PM

Hi absolutman,

I'm sorry to hear of difficulties that you have experienced with your XM radio. I will be glad to contact your dealership on your behalf regarding your concern. Please feel free to send us a private message referencing this thread if any extra assistance is needed. I look forward to hear from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-03-2014, 10:47 PM

If you are getting xm 0 and 1 then make sure you gave them the correct radio code. I activated my xm and it took about 30mins and then my signal started working. (I was able to hear the xm previews before I ordered) but I also got new service. I didn't transfer.

You should call them and make sure they got the correct radio number from you and that they put the transfer through.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member

XM reception comes from the front mast antenna. OnStar uses the rear shark fin antenna.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by absolutman
I purchased my HHR with the understanding that all I had to do for XM to work was transfer my subscription. That doesn't appear to be the case. I have RPO codes U2K, UEI, UQ3, and US8 installed but no rear shark fin antenna. I do have the front roof mounted antenna. I also have OnStar, however, I don't subscribe to it. I have the CAT button and get XM channels 0 and 1. There are so many responses on the web but I can't seem to find a direct answer. What do I need to use XM? Just the antenna addition? Any info I can get will be appreciated! Thanks all!
I did just that, yesterday, with my new Saturn Sky. I called XM and told them i had traded in my previous vehicle (HHR SS) and bought a new vehicle (Sky). The customer representative asked me the XM radio number of the old vehicle, and the XM radio number for the new vehicle. She made the switch, sent the signal, and 15 minutes later, everything worked perfectly.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:54 PM

Yes, I have had the XM service transferred to this radio and verified that the number is correct. According to the RPO codes I believe I do have an installed factory XM tuner. If that is the case, do I just need to add an XM antenna?
Old 06-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Technical Moderator

post #6
Old 06-29-2014, 11:40 AM

Hey Fireman! Of the 18 million posts I've read about xm (most of them extremely unhelpful), you're the only one that says that xm reception comes from the front mast antenna. Is that true only on the 2007 model year? And if that's the case, if I have fm reception, does it make sense that the antenna is working fine?

Quick Reply: More XM Confusion