Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

New cd player install

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:08 PM

New cd player install

How do i bypass this amp without running a **** ton of new speaker wire or can i not use all the wiring in place. I installed a cd player i purchased on amazon and i turn it on, everything seems to work but i have no sound. Someone told me it was because of my factory amp.
Originally Posted by captain howdy
Now that I'm home I can post pics.

Behind this panel:

Attached right to the box:

I have an Aura bass shaker that I bought a couple of years back to rumble my Neo-Geo arcade cabinet kind of like a rumble controller but never hooked it up. I thought it would be cool to feel the hits in the sticks while playing fighting games like the Samurai Showdown series and stuff like that. How well do they work? I still might hook it up someday but it's really low on my priority list.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:30 PM

So i installed a new cd player in my 2010 hhr ls. No onstar or steering wheel controls to mess with, seemed easy enough so i decided to tackle it myself. After going to my local audio supply shop and asking question i find out that the wiring harness is $150? Are you high? is what i wanted to ask him when he told me that. I had looked online and seen wiring harnesses for 5 dollars! So i left and continued my research and came to find out he assumed i had onstar and all that jazz so i went back and got the wiring harness and everything seemed to go smoothly. The power cable was tricky but i figured out how to put it in with a fuse in my fuse box. (I put it on the sunroof fuse which my car doesnt have. Is that ok? And is there a better place for it?) So everything seems to work and it all powers on but i have no sound. Iv done research on the factory amp but im fairly new at this does anyone have pictures or a video on how to proceed from here? Im too cheap to pay someone to do it and i wanna be in the know on exactly how my system works so any advice is welcome

Last edited by 843de; 12-08-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:44 PM
Deceased

Give this article a read through, HHR's are odd beasts like all the GM vehicles that use a CAN-BUS wiring system.

2006-2011 Chevrolet HHR Car Audio Profile

And you will need an "Interface Adapter Harness" like the options offered below by our Advertising Partner CARiD....

Wiring Harnesses at CARiD.com

Now don't forget the "Search" box at the top of the page, there have been more stereo upgrades done to HHR's over the last decade than you can shake to proverbial stick at.

P.S. aboard!
Old 12-09-2015, 12:33 AM

I have an adapter. And iv done everything that article says. I juat want to know why I have no sound

Originally Posted by 843de
Give this article a read through, HHR's are odd beasts like all the GM vehicles that use a CAN-BUS wiring system.

2006-2011 Chevrolet HHR Car Audio Profile

And you will need an "Interface Adapter Harness" like the options offered below by our Advertising Partner CARiD....

Wiring Harnesses at CARiD.com

Now don't forget the "Search" box at the top of the page, there have been more stereo upgrades done to HHR's over the last decade than you can shake to proverbial stick at.

P.S. aboard!
Old 12-09-2015, 03:10 AM
Platinum Member

Like 843de says, give the search tool a try. We can't see what you have installed, nor how you installed it, so it gets rather difficult to figure out why you have no sound.

At this point you can either do some more research on your own, double-check all the work you have already done following the instructions that came with the adapter and wiring harness, or even drop by the shop where you purchased the deck and periperals and see what they can advise.

Double-check to make sure you have the correct adapter as well - who knows, your new deck could even be defective, so that needs to be checked as well.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:46 AM
Platinum Member

I may be wrong but I thought all the 2010's came with ONStar. Could you then maybe have the incorrect harness adapter ?
Old 12-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site! Check it all out!
Old 12-09-2015, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
I may be wrong but I thought all the 2010's came with ONStar. Could you then maybe have the incorrect harness adapter ?
Ya everything I have read tells me I should have OnStar in 2010 but idk where the button is if I have it I'll upload pictures or maybe a Video
Old 12-09-2015, 10:44 AM

This might help. Check out c3 pin 8. It's for an 2008 but hopefully is the same.

So check at the radio and make sure your feeding the correct wire which should still be pink 12v when the radio is on.

Originally Posted by tahenke
I did this a while back using that .pdf file. Just wanted to blow it up so I could print it out and have it by my car while I was wiring. Hope this helps you some

Old 12-09-2015, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by celblazer
This might help. Check out c3 pin 8. It's for an 2008 but hopefully is the same.

So check at the radio and make sure your feeding the correct wire which should still be pink 12v when the radio is on.
So after doing somore looking my car has the most basic sound system possible with no rear subwoofer

Quick Reply: New cd player install