Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

No FM Frequencies?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by oldracer
The blue/white wire on my unit did not get hooked up the first time since Pioneer's instructions said not to and I did not get any sound at all with the interface unit I used! I called the interface company and the tech said the interface module does act like "an external amp" and the wire has to be connected from the head unit to their unit. Once I did that all was well with great sounds!
I wish that was the case. I connected the blue/white wire from the pioneer harness to the blue wire on the gmos-LAN-03 and still get static for FM. If I unplug the one adapter to the right of the passenger side, fm kicks in clear as day, but I lose TPMS and the alarm....

Could it be possible that I created a ground loop? Maybe grounding the HU to a different ground wire would resolve the issue? I'm definitely stumped, and think it's time to hire a professional to fix it.

Last edited by drummerboy0088; 07-03-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:43 PM

I noticed I never posted how I (sort of) resolved the issue.

After searching the forums and hearing many people say the ground wire for the antenna sometimes gets pinched by the passenger sun visor, I decided to drop the headliner to see what the deal was. I noticed by wiggling the wire attached to the antenna (ground I presume) my FM signal would cut in and out. I disconnected that wire, and my FM channels kicked in. It leads me to believe my antenna base could have died, and I will have to replace it. For now, I placed electrical tape on both ends and left it. I'll deal with getting spots of static here and there for now...