Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Which one is the "Remote turn on" wire?

Old 05-21-2008, 02:57 PM

Question Which one is the "Remote turn on" wire?

I have a question about the Premium factory audio system. Which wire is the "Remote Turn On" wire??? Is it the Pink wire on pin #8 (Radio On Signal) or the Light Green wire on pin #16 (Remote Radio Control Signal)? I would like an expert opinion from someone who has already done this before I go hacking into my harness. Thanks!

Old 05-21-2008, 03:29 PM

Everyone who has posted here used the pink and were happy with that.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:32 PM

Yeah I just did a search and found it up in that sticky (should have done that first). However, now I am curious about what is that pin #16 Light Green (Remote Radio Control Signal) wire used for? Thanks for clearing up the "Pink" wire!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:18 PM

It runs between the radio head and the amplifier, I couldn't find any explanation anywhere in the GM Service Information. Next time I get a Regional Field Engineer cornered I'll ask if he knows.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:38 PM

Thanks. Reason I ask is because I intend to completely disconnect the factory amplifier (not just tap into it) and hoped that this wasn't some data wire or something weird like that where I have to keep the amp hooked up.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by tahenke
Yeah I just did a search and found it up in that sticky (should have done that first). However, now I am curious about what is that pin #16 Light Green (Remote Radio Control Signal) wire used for? Thanks for clearing up the "Pink" wire!
I think it is....

Remote Radio Audio Signal Inputs (UE1 only)=
Audio output from the OnStar(R) communications module connects to the remote audio signal inputs of the radio. When the cellular telephone mute signal goes to 0 volts , the radio over-rides any other audio signal and uses these inputs as the source for the output to the speakers.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:26 AM

Yeah but it shows up on the (UQ3) diagram? Now mind you, I have not actually looked at my connector closely to see if that wire actually exists (I'll be doing that next week). I was kinds of thinking it was some weird onstar thing also. I will be completely disconnecting the factory amp and will be using the factory reciever. I hope this doesn't mess up the onstar?
Old 06-06-2008, 11:01 PM

I ran a seperate turn on wire to fuse panel in pas floor board. i can't remeber what number loc in fuse panel I used maybe, someone here knows what number to use I found it here on one of the forums. The reason I ran a seperate turn on deck and everything was on at odd times. I replaced deck, speakers and added 2 amps.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:47 AM

Yeah the pink wire will make your equipment turn on at times when the radio isn't on. You will notice that when you open a door these little lights between the buttons on the radio will turn on along with the dome light. That also turns on anything the pink wire goes to as well. Not sure why, but it does? That makes me wonder exactly what is that "Light Green" wire for on pin 16 that's labeled "Remote Radio Control Signal"???
Old 08-24-2018, 12:21 PM

Has anyone figured this out yet, I do not want to leave the factory amp in if I can re-create or bypass what the green wire is doing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which one is the "Remote turn on" wire?