Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Stereo speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 01:06 PM

Stereo speakers

I'm interested in replacing my front and rear door speakers as none of them work. Anyone know of a set inexpensive, yet with good sound. I'm not out to blast my Windows out. Also I don't want to cut wires or connections to install them. A wire connector adapter is preferred. Thanks
Old 08-30-2018, 01:22 PM

I have the Pioneer system. I bought a
pair of these pair of these
a couple of months ago. But I got them from Crutchfield. Right now they aren't listing them but Amazon has them for about what I paid from Crutchfield, about $38. They are dramatically better than the factory speakers. I replaced them for the same reason as you, my left one stopped working. I took it out to look at it and they simply get rusty.

Because of the differences in connectors from different auto manufacturers its not likely you will find a pair of speakers that will plug in. However you can get wiring harnesses for some speakers that will plug right into the factory connectors. There were none available for the set I bought so I cut the wires, no big deal. Again, check Crutchfield because they often give you the connectors and other hardware for free or very low cost.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:39 AM

I installed a pair of 2 OHM infiniti Kappas in the front doors because I have the pioneer system. I was able to find plug and play adapters for the factory plugs and didn't have to cut, but the pioneer system has a slightly different plug than the base model stereo. The pioneer system is also 2 ohm (more like 2.5) so using 4 Ohm speakers may result in having to turn the volume up more. The kappas are expensive but EXCELLENT sound quality.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:11 AM

Crutchfield has adapters and harnesses to make hookups to factory systems easy and clean.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by JAN67
Crutchfield has adapters and harnesses to make hookups to factory systems easy and clean.
Ebay is cheaper if thats a concern LOL
Old 08-31-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by aradmahogany
Ebay doesn't provide lifetime tech support. Crutchfield customer service and technicians are excellent.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by JAN67
Originally Posted by aradmahogany
Use the original brackets and plugs on the new set. Just as easy.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:54 AM

If you are going to replace the speaker and tweeter in the front, it would be with component speakers in which you would need to cut the wires to install the crossover.

Otherwise buy coaxial speakers and unplug the factory tweeters.

Or put a capacitor in with the new tweeter and then throw the crossover in with the door speaker (for component speakers).
Old 08-31-2018, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by gio89kid

Otherwise buy coaxial speakers and unplug the factory tweeters.

I installed coaxial's and kept the factory tweeters.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:49 PM

Well, if all the factory speakers are truely 2 ohm then the rear speakers are 2 ohm and the front speakers are 2 ohm in parallel with 2 ohm tweeters making the load at the amplifier see 1 ohm for the fronts.

So keeping your factory tweeters with the new 2 ohm coaxial will make it the same as factory 1 ohm.

The only other option is the speakers In the front are different than the rear and they are 4 ohm making the two in parallel 2 ohm.

The factory set up is very odd.

Quick Reply: Stereo speakers