Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Sub install

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 01:32 AM

Exclamation

How can they call it 'Pioneer'. It is an insult to their good name and reputation!
Old 02-06-2006, 05:40 AM
Banned

Its Pioneer ruining their own reputation. The speakers where no better than any other factory paper cone speakers I have ever seen.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:13 AM

Well I pulled my spare and added a 12.I just cut the downfire box I built for my van in half so it fits.Its by no means the prettiest thing but I gotta have bump in my trunk and keep the storage.I still plan on building something more permanent but atleast now I won't be so antsy whil I save money.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:20 AM

Truck Box

################################################## ######
Lee 3333 wrote:

What about using a tube, like Bazooka. It could fit right behind the back seat, over the 2 little compartments and still allow access to the big one. They come either powered or not. If you get the unpowered one, you could stick the amp where the old sub went (and it would be vented from the factory holes in the panal).

In my many years of car audio, I have always been disappointed with free air subs. Likewise, although I have worked as a carpenter and built beautiful boxes according to all the proper specs and sealing methods, they never sounded as tight as the prebuilt ones. So in my last car, a bought a box then built it in to my car.
################################################## ######

Good call Lee on mounting the amp in the factory sub location! I think I will do that. I am going to use my truck box (Q-Logic) It has the right Q for my 10" sub, and it will not take up hardly any space. I am still trying to "trailer park engineer" a way to keep the box in place in the back. It stands upright, and is maybe 6-8" at its deepest. It sounded great in my extended cab pickup. I imagine that it will be the same in my HHR.

By the way captainhowdy...

Great Pictures!
Old 11-26-2011, 04:40 AM

So let me get this straight capt'n, you just bent the panels out of the way? Its been a minute since I looked closely enough, but I do believe at least one of them gets bolted on via the seat belt, so the panels (lower one for sure) cannot be removed completely.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 PM

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/hugheshhr/HHR/ I have my subs and amp installed in the storage tray area above the spare. 2 12's, amp and processor all mounted with minimum loss of room. I believe I only lost around 2 inches of room. It's all covered with a vinyl trim panel and a carpeted grill panel to hide it all.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by nacorona
So let me get this straight capt'n, you just bent the panels out of the way? Its been a minute since I looked closely enough, but I do believe at least one of them gets bolted on via the seat belt, so the panels (lower one for sure) cannot be removed completely.
Both the upper and lower panels have the seatbelt bolted thru them. It is easy to remove the upper TORX bolt for the seatbelt but the lower one requires the removal of the rear seat as well so that is why the lower panel is seen pushed over (bent out) away from the sub box.

When I build my fiberglass box next month I will be removing the lower panel completely and the back seat so I can have full access to that area. I will be massaging 3 8's behind the panel and hopefully will still be able to include my amp in with them. If not, then the amp will go in the spare tire cover well.
Old 09-12-2022, 05:27 PM

Pioneer factory subwoofer wiring and resistance

Hello All!

Long time reader - first time poster. I've pulled the stock Pioneer subwoofer from my HHR (thanks to the helpful guide here from Captain Howdy), but I'm stuck on shopping for a replacement now (original sub is blown). I keep seeing that the stock subwoofer is 2-ohm rated, but it's also a DVC subwoofer. So, is the thing 2-ohms per coil? And if so, then is it wired in parallel for a 1-ohm load to the factory amplifier, or in series for a 4-ohm load? I can't tell by looking at it, as both coils +ves & -ves are not tied together and the 4 wires simply enter a 4-pin harness together. Can anyone help this newb figure this out?? Thank you in advance!
Old 09-12-2022, 06:16 PM
Administrator

You might have luck at Crutchfield website, they have information like that

https://www.crutchfield.ca/g_520/All...ubwoofers.html