Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

XM for $65 a year!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 09:52 AM

Well,,, I'm calling when i get done here. I'll let you all know what happens (as far as a trial expired customer does with this.)
Old 10-04-2008, 10:28 AM

Well,,, it WORKED! (Getting a expired XM service re-activated w/ this promo )

I was asked the promo code(zwinback), and did not get asked/hounded with any additional services /packages :twothumbs ( i always HATE the ext warranty/other plans spiel i get while on the phone with this kinda stuff )

Other than a lil wait til i got to a real person , and the "say this/that" to navigate to get where you want to go, it went well. I expected worse.

The total billed to my CC was $82.39(the free month using a CC will be credited in the near future i was told, don't worry, i'll be checking LOL)

I was also told (when i go to my car) to leave the radio tuned to station#1 for 15-20 minutes, (quess so it re-ups itself since it was a expired trial radio ) and then to check channels #7 and 175 to make sure things are good, then they said i was good to go

Just want to thank the thread starter on this promo,Twistrman (anyone else wanting to check this out better hurry b4 "they" get wise LOL )
for passing this "so far the best price on XM i've seen so far" along to us fellow HHR'ers

:twothumbs

Now i gotta go fire up the radio, and get it ready to go when i leave for work inna few hrs.And in my situation (living rural and crappy FM reception in the AM or in lousy weather conditions) having some clear tunes all the way to work is gonna be a good thing for this dude!

(Just gotta remember to either cancel b4 my yr is up , or hope another decent promo comes around when the yr is up)

THANKS AGAIN !

LOL, i just noticed Twistrman is from Indiana too , i quess it's just that good ol' Hoosier thing ta pass good stuff around . Thanks Dude! For what it's worth, i'm in Jasper county, about a hr south of the north border, and 2+ hr north of Indy FWIW/FYI,,mebbe we will meet up in our travels one day.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:18 PM

so what did the 82 cover......... 12 months plus ,, then you would get refund???
Old 10-04-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
i'm just going to call in and have my credit card removed from the account at some point. Mine will expire by then but since it is tied to my bank account and probably end up getting a new one with the same number.

either that, or they will still send you a notice when it is going to renew, then you call in and make a new deal with them.
I never get warned my bill is about to be up, I just see a charge from them one day on my bank statement. And they even charged a card that had expired. I guess they really needed the money.

-nick
Old 10-04-2008, 09:35 PM

o8black- glad it all worked out. I don't think they'll be getting wise about it. I found it on a deal website (I'm really good at finding deals...) and there was people commenting on it working from months ago. I had half thought it wouldn't work when i did it since most of the last comments were from end of August.

I'm in Lafayette. Although I can't attribute it to hoosier helpfulness. I've been here for a year now, and know that it's temporary. However, i am from michigan, and will probably be going back, so we'll say it's good ol Midwest kindness.

i have seen so many hhrs around here lately. I could probable have my own meet and greet here, although most of the people i saw weren't checking mine out as i inspected theirs.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:45 PM

It worked for me... but they didn't say anything about getting a month free for using my credit card. Bummer. Oh well, now I don't have to worry about paying them for another year, thanks!

-nick
Old 10-05-2008, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by twistrman
I'm in Lafayette. Although I can't attribute it to hoosier helpfulness. I've been here for a year now, and know that it's temporary. However, i am from michigan, and will probably be going back, so we'll say it's good ol Midwest kindness.
FYI: I'm in Wheatfield, about a hr north of you.

Also, i kinda got a lil "scare" yesterday on the way to work w/ the XM. As per the XM person instructions, i powered up the radio to channel 1, left it on for 15-20 mins etc, like was instructed, and all was good. I left for work about a hr after i had done this, and everything was cool. Prob 20 minutes into my drive, i found that no audio from XM just occured. All channels , but text on the radio appeared to be ok. the next 40 minutes on the way to work was the same thing, no XM audio.I was kinda thinking "they" mighta turned me off for whatever reason, but when i got out of work 9 hrs later, it was working just fine, and also this morning. So it must have been a glitch on either my account, ot over the whole XM system
Either way, all if fine now, and i'm enjoying clear reception and good tunes for my 2 hr roundtrip drive for work a day again
Old 10-08-2008, 07:40 AM

Xm Zwinback Promo Code!!!

I just got off the phone with XM and they DID ask for the promo code, but didn't push any extra add-ons. Went smooth. This will save me plenty and it's a fair price considering my XM is all jacked up from installing the PAL. Everyone should jump on this!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:17 AM

I had a rental car with Sirrus. Just like cable TV too many stations that you don't listen to nor want to listen to. It kept fading in and out as you drove under bridges. I can't see paying anything when "free" radio is out there. I've gotten accustomed to tuning out the commercials and If I want lots of music, I load up six CDs, put it on RDM all, and have many hours of music I want to listen to.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 AM

i like the fact that if i want to listen to one station driving for 6 hours i can. can't do that with reg radio, gotta keep on switching as you move between broadcast zones. Plus for the longer rides i enjoy listening to the comedy channels nice break from the norm. oh and the radio stations here are crap. i have not listened to the regular radio since i bought my hhr july 1st. and in my jimmy before that i don't know the last time it had the real radio on...

Quick Reply: XM for $65 a year!