Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Canuk Motorsort Springs question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 10:14 AM

Canuk Motorsort Springs question

Hey guys! Im new here, but this is the second HHR Panel Wagon ive owned. I recently purchased it to advertise our hobby shop. So we got it painted, got it new shoes and decided to lower it like my old HHR. On my previous car i had installed Eibach springs but i wanted something lower this time and after doing a little research, i saw some people recommending Canuk Motorsport springs. So i ordered them and installed them about a month ago and was a little disappointed with the drop but i figured it might settle lower in the next few weeks. Well, it never did. It sits just like a stock set up. Like i never replaced the springs at all. I tried contacting them but they havent responded. So can anyone tell me who makes a spring set with a nice low drop? Was i right the first time with Eibach? Im trying to include pics, but im not sure if its working.
Attached Thumbnails Canuk Motorsort Springs question-received_10215320316146039.jpeg  
Old 12-21-2017, 11:35 AM

Nice looking HHR.

Were talking Rear Springs only ....Right ??

Depending on how much carrying capacity you will need I would recommend the GM Factory Cobalt SS/SC or SS/TC springs.

I just installed the SS/SC springs which are just Tad softer then the TC's on my 2LT and it leveled the rear within 1/8" from front to back.

GM part number for the SS/SC rear spring is #10390024 for both sides. 1 1/2" drop
GM part number for the SS/TC rear spring is # 25621162 for both sides. 1 1/4" drop

Use FE3 shocks for best results.

Silverfox
Old 12-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Send Ray at Canuck an email, your rear springs should be a full 2 inches lower than the stock springs.
I’ve run Canucks for 175,000 miles and had no issues!

Old 12-21-2017, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox

Depending on how much carrying capacity you will need I would recommend the GM Factory Cobalt SS/SC or SS/TC springs.

I just installed the SS/SC springs which are just Tad softer then the TC's on my 2LT and it leveled the rear within 1/8" from front to back.
I will agree with this. My first HHR LS I used the Cobalt SS/SC springs and it dropped the back nice. On my SS I used the Cobalt SS/TC. I feel the SC springs are a better choice.
The Cobalt SC rear springs react better when going thru a turn with an add on rear sway bar, which I have installed with both of my cars.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:58 PM

I also liked the appearance of the SS/SC springs but found them a bit soft for my taste, tended to wallow a bit, but a have extra weight in the back from a large dual subwoofer and amps.
I was running the cannucks and was happy with them after requesting a slightly lower rear set, my first set looked similar to the OP first picture.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by prod
I also liked the appearance of the SS/SC springs but found them a bit soft for my taste, tended to wallow a bit, but a have extra weight in the back from a large dual subwoofer and amps.
I was running the cannucks and was happy with them after requesting a slightly lower rear set, my first set looked similar to the OP first picture.

I do not find the SS/SC wallowy at all on my 2LT.

I am running currently with the stock 215/50/17 original tires @ 35lbs. PSI cold.

Only thing is I have added a TT Sway Bar.

I also installed the KYB shocks.

Silverfox
Old 12-21-2017, 09:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll put it to good use. In the meantime, i just got an email back from Canuk. Theyre gonna call me in the morning. I hope they can shed some light on this. I just want that rear end to come down! lol
Old 12-22-2017, 07:38 AM
Administrator

For me, Ray sent out new rear springs at no charge. Remind them the listing on their website shows 2 inch rear drop.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:03 PM

Here is a before and after, they sent me slightly lower rears also when I reqested.