Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Coilovers!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:07 AM

Coilovers!?!?!?

I recall hearing someone (Mike) mention something (Mike) about Coilovers on one thread or another (Mike).
I've heard the bag system was the priority (too rich for my blood), but any word on a coilover set specific to the HHR????? Any ETA's????
I'm contemplating Goldlines with an exhaust upgrade, but when I really think about it... (for the money) coilovers are the way to go.
Curious if the set would be coilovers a all 4 corners, or just up front. If only up-front, think there'd be a 'kit' that would allow leveling of the rear (Goldline rears with coilover front)?
Constantly waiting for companies to produce parts for the HHR makes me sick!!! Feels like it taks forever for something new to hit the market....
Old 04-21-2006, 11:31 AM

just get the goldlines, coilovers ride like do doo
Old 04-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Banned

There are hardly any HHR specific parts!
Old 04-21-2006, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by SCOOT
I recall hearing someone (Mike) mention something (Mike) about Coilovers on one thread or another (Mike).
I've heard the bag system was the priority (too rich for my blood), but any word on a coilover set specific to the HHR????? Any ETA's????
I'm contemplating Goldlines with an exhaust upgrade, but when I really think about it... (for the money) coilovers are the way to go.
Curious if the set would be coilovers a all 4 corners, or just up front. If only up-front, think there'd be a 'kit' that would allow leveling of the rear (Goldline rears with coilover front)?
Constantly waiting for companies to produce parts for the HHR makes me sick!!! Feels like it taks forever for something new to hit the market....
Hi Scoot! I was working with a company to develop coilovers for the HHR, unfortunately the idea has been scrubbed. First off, it required a $45,000 commitment from me to develop them, secondly they would be selling at about $1600 (set of four), which nets out at about $400 per corner. While these would be fully adjustable (dampening, spring preload, height), race-inspired coilovers, I just don't think we have the market demand for such a product yet. I certainly don't have $45k to throw at it to find out!

The next best thing is adding load leveller (coilover), shocks in the rear along with the lowering springs. Henry (hvrod), has been working on this setup for a while. I will be getting a set here soon to see what benefits they might offer.

For the front end, I would recommend Monroe Sensa-Trac struts, as they offer one of the best rides available in McPherson struts for street cars.

Hope it helps,
Old 04-21-2006, 05:38 PM

I certainly don't have $45k to throw at it to find out!
Well hell... lemme write you a check!
Guess that solves it... Goldlines it is.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Hi Scoot! I was working with a company to develop coilovers for the HHR, unfortunately the idea has been scrubbed. First off, it required a $45,000 commitment from me to develop them, secondly they would be selling at about $1600 (set of four), which nets out at about $400 per corner. While these would be fully adjustable (dampening, spring preload, height), race-inspired coilovers, I just don't think we have the market demand for such a product yet. I certainly don't have $45k to throw at it to find out!

The next best thing is adding load leveller (coilover), shocks in the rear along with the lowering springs. Henry (hvrod), has been working on this setup for a while. I will be getting a set here soon to see what benefits they might offer.

For the front end, I would recommend Monroe Sensa-Trac struts, as they offer one of the best rides available in McPherson struts for street cars.

Hope it helps,
Thanks Mike... For the Front Struts what I was told... there isn't any aftermarket product out for them as of yet.... I was attempting to get detail specs/drawings to match up to the HHR.. put they wouldn't provide them.. Will have to wait on that..

I just need the new sway bar to add.. to give my estimated opinion on the coil over shocks I've added.. right now I would say its 80% postive improvement.. My other option after the sway bars is to roll the fender lip..if I don't get 90-100% satisfaction... (my tires are 7.5 inch width)