Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Gold-line Leveling

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:49 PM

Gold-line Leveling

How hard would this be to install, take in mind i'm just leveling out the rear-end. However i don't have a garage therefore i don't have a lot of Suspension tools.

Could the Dealer do this as well, and how much do u think they would charge?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:00 PM

VERY easy

hand tools only required. A floor jack and stands.
1. Get it up on stands, remove wheels
2. Put floor jack under either the center of the rear axle beam or on one side control arm.
3. Remove lower shock bolt
4. Remove the rear brake line bracket. Just a good idea as lowering the beam stretches the line, taking the bracket loose eliminates any tearing.
5. Lower the jack and let the axle drop down.
6. Take out stock springs, remove top and bottom 'hats' off spring. No spring tools are needed, they literally fall out without the weight of the car on them.
7. (optional) trim the bump stops - I did not
8. Install the 'hats' on the new springs and install them with the tight spring winds to the top.
9. After they are in place, use the jack to raise the beam back up a little to make reinstalling the shock bolts easier, reinstall the brake line bracket.

Wheels back on, car off the stands

Step back and take all the leveled coolness in.

Also a great time to paint those rear drums as well as the muffler.

This is one that you can do and gain the confidence of doing these things yourself.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:22 PM

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/spring-install-dial-up-enter-your-own-risk-986/

Just follow the part for the rear
Old 02-17-2009, 05:03 PM

Gold-Lines

Lookin good on the new leveling springs. I have to say this has to be one of the easiest mods to do. All I used was a floor jack and two jack stands. Take off wheels. I used a small wrench to remove brake line and a rachet and socket to remove shock. That's it for tools. I took my time and it took about and hour from start to finish. I took it out for a ride in the twisties with some roller coaster dips and I can't tell any real difference in the ride quality and no noise. With the great pictures and directions in the how to thread I think anybody could do this.