Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Just a inch or so

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by memory-x
The official price for the leveling kit is $139.99. Our shipment is scheduled for delivery Thursday the 28th.
Memory,

I really want to see the stance this leveling kit gives the HHR. Please post pictures when you get a set installed.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:18 AM

I will have before and after pics once they come in.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:59 PM

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Hmmm...this is kind of a contradictory statement. What is reasonable? A set of full coilovers that will support the HHR's rear end will run you $800-1200. I know because I have been working with vendors for several months on it. At that price, ANY spring looks reasonable.

Remember this: whenever you take a stock height suspension and lower it an inch, or inch and a half, you are "increasing the spring rate" as the physical geometry of the suspension has not changed. Using this logic, lowering only the rear of your vehicle will net you a very uneven ride; soft in front and stiff in back. This can cause handling inconsistencies in fast/banked turns, during hard braking, and emergency manuevers. Adding a fully matched kit ensures your car handles well and has an even ride and handling.

It boils down to the old adage; you get what you pay for.

Hope it helps,

For a Street/Strip car (RWD) it's common to install softer springs in the front for better weight transfer. Also trucks typically run stiffer springs in the rear as most of the payload is carried back there. I wouldn't think the HHR would handle much different than the above two examples.

Everybody talks about spring rate yet no one seems to know the spring rate of the stock setup or any aftermarket sets for that matter. NOW THAT WOULD BE SOME HANDY INFO WHEN DECIDING WHICH SPRINGS TO PICK.

ANYONE??
Old 09-25-2006, 07:49 PM
JB1

Sounds great, thank you very much for offering a leveling kit
Old 09-25-2006, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by cjuetten
For a Street/Strip car (RWD) it's common to install softer springs in the front for better weight transfer. I wouldn't think the HHR would handle much different...
Well, it does make a huge difference, because the HHR is a FWD vehicle.

You definitely don't want to transfer any weight OFF the front wheels, or there goes your traction!

With FWD, stiffer springs are the way to go for better performance.

I've done a lot of 1/4-mile runs in HHR's, and can attest to this.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:40 PM

My point wasn't about drag racing...it was that different spring rates do work on the street. I doubt changing springs in an HHR will cause traction problem in everyday driving.

It's really a moot point since we don't know how much (if any) the spring rate has changed with the kit in question.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:09 AM
JB1

http://www.groundforce.com/vehicle.a...rolet&make=HHR

ground force makes a kit to lower just the rear, part #91206, looks like summit racing sells it for $116
Old 09-26-2006, 11:40 AM

I agree, but look at it this way. I have Gold-Lines for $215 and they lower you more then the Eibachs for $250. So you go from
Leveled : $165
Lowered : $250
Slammed : $215
It is a matter of personal preference. I'm willing to pay more money for the Eibachs so im not as low as the Goldlines. My advice is pick out which one you want the most and go for it
Note : $165 is not official and the price should be abit lower.
what does slammed look like...?? how much lower is it than stock..??
Old 09-26-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by JB1
http://www.groundforce.com/vehicle.a...rolet&make=HHR

ground force makes a kit to lower just the rear, part #91206, looks like summit racing sells it for $116
That is the same kit that i will be selling once they come in Thursday.

Quick Reply: Just a inch or so