Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Ksport Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Deceased

Today I removed both locking collars, trimmed about 3/4 inch from the bumpstops, and adjusted the rear shocks to 12 from full soft. A short test ride says some ride improvement in the rear. Now the front has to come down a 1/4 inch.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by mississippisunburst
Today I removed both locking collars, trimmed about 3/4 inch from the bumpstops, and adjusted the rear shocks to 12 from full soft. A short test ride says some ride improvement in the rear. Now the front has to come down a 1/4 inch.
I've got my bumpstops completely removed (they don't really serve any purpose when you go full low. I've been contemplating taking mine down another half inch in the front...it'll have a "raked" appearance. I really just don't want to deal with another alignment and all that crap.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Deceased

the alignment guy showed me his printouts and he said changing the ride height 1 inch didn't take the alignnment out of spec. you should be able to make the change without another alignment
Old 06-05-2014, 03:03 PM

Any adjustment up front will warrant a realign...that's on pretty much any vehicle with coilovers...that's why there's a standing joke about potholes and alignments with coilovers. I adjusted my front height a week after my first alignment and not only did it throw out the camber, but it also threw out the toe. I'm guessing your alignment guy had never done a suspension with coilovers.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Deceased

Lifetime alignment may come in handy, then.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:35 PM

Lifetime alignment may come in handy, then.
I'd say so! Mine is good for 12k through Kauffman...I'm really as low as I need to go and safely get around.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Deceased

The guys at my local Firestone were ok with the fact I would be adjusting up and down, "just bring it by and we'll check it anytime" Their machine is pretty foolproof, it shows 4 green lights when within spec.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:55 AM

The guys at my local Firestone were ok with the fact I would be adjusting up and down, "just bring it by and we'll check it anytime" Their machine is pretty foolproof, it shows 4 green lights when within spec.
Once my 12k miles are up at Kauffman...I'm going to Firestone to get my alignment. Only heard good things about them and lifetime alignments? Its a no brainer especially for us guys on coils.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Deceased

Rather than lower the front anymore. I reinstalled the locking rings all the way up and she's level now. With the bumpstops removed, maybe the ride in the rear is better?
Old 06-06-2014, 11:59 AM

Rather than lower the front anymore. I reinstalled the locking rings all the way up and she's level now. With the bumpstops removed, maybe the ride in the rear is better?
Nope it still sucks! Depending on how low you are up front...don't be surprised if you start to feel some vibration in your axle on slow acceleration and braking. Mine just started a few weeks ago...doesn't seem to be getting in worse but it's there. Unfortunately our cars are notorious for axle bind...if you have a 5 speed tranny you may not have as many problems with this. Autos are worse I know.

Quick Reply: Ksport Coilovers