Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Line lock, roll control

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 07:49 PM

Line lock, roll control

Shift knob with momentary button

Line lock/ intercooler spray selector switch

Line locks installed on rear axle

Another view

Another view with custom bent brake lines

Differentt view
Old 12-23-2020, 07:53 PM

Line lock text

I did this install about 4 years ago when I had money and time at the same time. I used B &M but they are all pretty much the same. I decided to use 2 units because I really could not find the brake line for the 2 rear wheels by the master cylinder. I figured it was easier to do each rear brake with it’s own line lock. I didn’t want to butcher the brake lines or mess up the ABS. Guess what. It works perfectly. For those not familiar with how a line lock works—It DOES NOT APPLY THE BRAKES, rather it holds the pressure once you apply the brake. On operation it works like this You’re stopped and you have your foot on the brake. You press an hold the button on the skirt knob. Release the brakes and you will not move until you release the knob. Before you release the button you can drift into 1st gear. Now rev your engine release the clutch while still not releasing the button and you have now done a stationary smoky burnout. You can
only engage the unit for 60 Seconds at a time or it could overheat. On a hill it works like this. Stop at the light or stop sign. You foot is on the brake so you don’t roll back. You’re in 1st gear. Foot on the brake clutch depressed. Now the light turns green A car is right at your rear bumper. You certainly don’t want to roll back into that BMW. NOW with your foot still on the brake clutch in In 1st gear. Now press and hold the button on the shift knob. Release the brake and do not move or roll back. Now take ohh as normal. As soon as you feel the resistance from the locked brakes. Release the button and drive on. YOU DID NOT ROLL BACK into that BMW! It works wonderfully. I also rigged a water spray to wet the front tires to make a burnout easier