Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 01:44 PM

What is Darkside's price for kit and what is their spin or addtional info? They say their system is somehow different than the Eibach system. I have seen the Ebach kit, just different springs and they cost right around $300. Looking for more info, will want to drop my some for a more Street Rod look, but don't want to go over-kill and not have function.

Thanks!!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:39 PM

Mark,

The springs we are selling are made by a company called Goldline Springs. They are MFG. here in California right along side the Eibach Springs. We did some testing on spring rates on the HHR with all the models (2.2, 2.4 etc) And tried out different drops. Tried every situation we could think of to get the springs out as soon as possible. The Eibach kit drops the HHR 1" front and 1.6" rear. The orig. Eibach Springs where just reboxed Cobalt springs and when we installed them in an HHR the rear bottomed out with people or luggage in the back. We have been an Eibach dealer for over 10 years now and work with them on a lot of new applications. I called Christian in their R&D department and they reworked the spring rates on the newer models now.

The Goldline Springs are rated at a 1.75" drop front and rear. The rear shows to be lower then rated on the first 2 HHR's that I sent them out too. I am sure their are some differences but either way the kit works well. We have the Goldline Springs on our HHR that we did on the Rides Build Off and GM used a few sets on their own projects. I heard that Intrax is releasing a set of springs for the HHR but Intrax is known to be a non progressive rated spring. So they will be a stiff ride.

We have been in business 17 years now and are pretty much direct with any company out their. We can offer group buys for people on the HHR.net site. Right now we are offering the Eibach Springs for $249.95 and the Goldline Springs for $189.95.

Hope this helps some of you out. Any other detailed questions you can always email me.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:42 PM

I say if we get quite a few people. 150 each and we'll all post pics. :)
Old 11-08-2005, 04:50 PM

Question for Dark Side. On the First Page of this Post there are pictures of the car? 1)where did you get that pipe that goes underneather the car?
2)is it connected to the exaust?
3)Do you sell it or know where I can get it?
4)Can you post a zoomed in picture, I cant tell if that car has running boards
5)Do you have install pictures of that pipe?
Old 11-08-2005, 05:07 PM

SIHHR, Darkside didn't install those. The owner did. I spoke with him about them and he got them off eBay, but you can find the same pipes here:

JC Whitney - Lake Pipes

Also, his HHR does not have running boards, I'm not sure if they will fit a lowered HHR with boards yet. I plan on trying this myself soon and will let you know if it works.

Best,
Old 11-08-2005, 05:20 PM

How would you install those? I'm afraid if I did it myself I would drill into the gas line or something bad.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SIHHR
How would you install those? I'm afraid if I did it myself I would drill into the gas line or something bad.
I'm sure you wouldn't hit the gas line because you can see it.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:06 PM

Yeah that would suck
Old 11-08-2005, 08:26 PM

THANKS DARKSIDE!!!

Great to hear right from you and your shop. Possibly will be getting a hold of you, sometime in the near future. BTW, liked your custom alot, nice two-tone and great suicide door treatment on the rear doors, not too much with a great look!!! I missed the TV shows. Keep us posted on other products for the HHR.

This sight is great for getting information, apprecaite it!!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Markiemark
nice two-tone
My favorite part!

Quick Reply: lowering springs