Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Lowest static drop

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM

Lowest static drop

So who has the lowest hhr on here? Or anyone have pics of some slammed hhrs that aren't bagged?
Old 01-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

That takes bags to do. Lunchbox, Garage built. Look them up they have pics in their gallery's. I put the pedders on it looked good, but I was giving up the awesome performance, so I switched them back and put bigger tires an wheels on. with and with out.
Attached Images   
Old 01-10-2012, 03:20 PM

What takes bags to do? I asked who has the lowest static drop. Not bagged
Old 01-10-2012, 05:17 PM

you be the judge CALLING ALL LOWERED HHRS LOOOOOL
Old 01-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Premium Member

I thought you said slammed heres one, or two coil overs will get you the closest to the ground. Aaron is trying to sell some here https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ght=coil+overs
Attached Images   
Old 01-10-2012, 05:58 PM

if u count coilovers check out his ride
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ight=coilovers
Old 01-10-2012, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
That takes bags to do. Lunchbox, Garage built. Look them up they have pics in their gallery's. I put the pedders on it looked good, but I was giving up the awesome performance, so I switched them back and put bigger tires an wheels on. with and with out.
Hi, I'm a little confused on this. How did you lose performance on a lowered car that is front wheel drive? I would think you would gain, because the aerodynamics would be better and less body roll. I would also think that bigger tires and wheels would add more weight to cause loss of performance. Could you tell me how you were giving up performance?
Thanks,
Tom
Old 01-11-2012, 06:18 AM

^ I'm going to guess that it f-ed up the front end geometry. Less travel can do that, but it also could have just been a harsher ride. Coming from the WRX world, I can say that MANY people who slam their cars reduce performance when they do so.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Premium Member

Guess you had to be here. I put them in, drove the car a couple days, that's about as long as I can do that teeny bounce.I was scared it would do that going around a corner, that had a little bump in it. You probably won't believe that the TTR swaybar was contributing to the pushing in the corners either. I was amazed when I took it off, try it. I was even more amazed when I installed the Powell, "Moon" was right about that, I don't have body roll, and I do have travel. I've had it come off the ground going around a corner without a problem, GM made a good set of springs fe5's, I'm a fan.

The new tire & wheel is a tad lighter, but wow what a smooth ride.
Hey, Capp panel looks great, nice wheels.
I wanted to add, if you are running on a track, Pedders will be fine, they do lower your center. I just don't think they do the bumps, of normal roads well, make sense now ?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 AM

Thanks for replying. If I am understanding you correctly it basically gave you a horrible ride, which would cause you to not push the car has hard as you would like to because it didn't seem stable. Also you are saying that you would get rid of the TTR and get the Powell bar instead. Just curious because I would rather not lower the car if it causes problems. Only reason why I am asking. Just don't want to waste money on something that isn't needed. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Lowest static drop