Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

The Pedders look

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 04:17 PM

Oh...the shocks, first time out I thought I was in a Winston west car but, realized I had them on 20- backed them down to 8 ahhh much better.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bunkie
Oh...the shocks, first time out I thought I was in a Winston west car but, realized I had them on 20- backed them down to 8 ahhh much better.
NOW we're talking!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 PM

Sooo you had to do something that should have been included or is it a design flaw? for that amount of money it should just bolt in or am I missing something myself
Old 02-06-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rainman
Sooo you had to do something that should have been included or is it a design flaw? for that amount of money it should just bolt in or am I missing something myself
These are very good questions that I have been addressing with the Pedders Rep. I feel I'm probably lowering the rear more than they're used to(maybe) and the issue of coil flop hasn't come up. However it should have.They're several things (minor mostly) That tell me,even though they had a house car, their experience with the HHR wasn't their primary focus and due to the limited market isn't. Everything I've come across that in my mind could have been designed more specifically for our car makes me wonder if the limited numbers of potential customers as opposed to Cobalts were the reason. Believe me, I'm not prejudiced to any company or another and if this system fails to perform as I expect it'll be out and another will be put in. But so far other than the typical loose spring deal I'm very happy and hope to firm that up next week with dry weather and focused testing. My biggest concern right now is finding the best half-shaft angle for performance and usable CV joint life. Anyone who has seriously lowered their car please chime in now-I'd love to hear their coments. It maybe I'm worried about nothing.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:05 PM

Thanks, i'll watch your progress, I don't need to lower mine for a couple months. I'll call Vince at trifecta and get that done now.

Please keep us informed

I need to know if Lucille is the true sister to mine, born with Brembos, RPD (curable of coarse) 5sp and of coarse Red/Black interior
Old 02-06-2010, 08:20 PM

I don't know if you're slaming your RPD, don't, it provides some valuable info. Especially when you get in to serious tuning and need those temp #'s and G-meter clicks.Red/blk interior-you bet. Brembo's no,I've got an auto(physical reasons)Sorry, there not siblings. I'll keep you posted on progress.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:24 PM

I luv my RPD
Old 02-07-2010, 05:05 PM

This is the last set-up(yeah right) and wheel/tire combo,all washed and ready to rumble.
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2010, 05:07 PM

Looks saweeet Time for some beauty shots for Featured HHR
Old 02-07-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by bunkie
This is the last set-up(yeah right) and wheel/tire combo,all washed and ready to rumble.
Now That's SWEET

Quick Reply: The Pedders look