Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Suspension, brakes, and hubs question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:18 PM

I don't have the box to the lower control arms anymore. But I called a place for replacement bushing and they also said it was 2 inches. They are sending me a return label, I might just return them and then replace everything with moog parts on my original arms.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:25 PM

Well a guy went out to the warehouse and measured the bushings and they are all 2 1/4, which means the new inventory they have will not fit our cars anymore. I don't know if they are going to fix that but for right now I have to return it and I think I'll have to change the parts on my existing lower control arms.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:27 PM

Yes, but you are still not citing part numbers.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:18 AM

I do not know what part numbers you want? This is all I have and is what I bought. And the guy that went out to check said the entire inventory that they have are all the same 2 1/4. So there is no way to have them look for those part numbers anyway, he said they just got there new inventory stocked and they are all the same.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/351180512090?nav=SEARCH
Old 01-24-2015, 12:04 PM

Evidently you think their warehouse has only one part stocked in it. How did the guy know what to look at?

If you are not interested enough to know what you order and what you get, why should anyone else care? The point being: are you sure that you actually ordered and received the correct number, or just a box that somebody found laying on the floor.

I know that I have ordered 2 sets of LCAs from Prime Choice of the part numbers that I previously posted and that the numbers on the boxes matched what I ordered and that they fit perfectly.

I notice some irregularities in the eBay ad:
"Control arm is made with high strength steel tubing with solid plate mounting brackets for superior strength and durability
Pre-drilled sway bar mounting holes"

Does not match the picture or the part numbers. So, could be they have the wrong info in their database and pulled the part they think you ordered not the part you think you ordered.

Sorry, I give up.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:15 PM

I do not mean to anger anyone I was just repeating what they told me. I threw away the box they both came in, which was plain cardboard and they were individually encased in a plastic bag. The arms themselves have a code on them, but it is much longer than the ones you provided and 2014 at the end.

When I called several times telling them they must have sent the wrong part, they told me that was the only one they carry in there warehouse available and the only other one would be the black fe1 lower control arms.

They were probably speaking only for my car and not the entire warehouse, so I will call back and ask them to look up the model numbers you provided, hopefully they can find the correct ones.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:27 PM

No anger here. 8 pages is going pretty long, boredom more than anger.

I never got anything from Prime Choice without shipping documents, the bags have always had labels, the boxes have always had labels and I have always gotten eMail confirmations as well as eBay confirmations. I just don't know what they may be doing different. They are likely out a lot of $$$ in inventory.

As I said, perhaps whoever did the eBay posting may have mucked the database.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:38 PM

Well there probably was a sticker on the box with the part number and a paper but I took the stuff out like it was a Christmas gift and threw everything else away lol.
I will call again on Monday and ask about the part numbers.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:23 PM

so far...
Old 01-25-2015, 08:36 AM

Be sure to keep your rear brakes adjusted, or your "lifetime" pads will have a short lifetime.
If any HHR (with rear drums) has more that 100,000 miles I recommend at least new rear shoes, if not a complete job.

Quick Reply: Suspension, brakes, and hubs question.