Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

TCE Plus-2 Brake Package for the SS! (56K WARNING!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:43 PM

TCE Plus-2 Brake Package for the SS! (56K WARNING!)

Well, for anyone interested in these brakes, or if you've been following our discussion in the Supporting Vendors thread about these, this is what everyone has been waiting for! Someone finally committed to it and dropped the money, and that brave soul, is ME! First, from a business perspective, Todd over at TCE is a great guy, and runs his business with the greatest quality. Shipping was fast (ordered Tuesday, he boxed it up after unpacking his shipment from Wilwood, and it shipped out on Friday, I got it Tuesday), and everything was handled in a VERY professional manner. Unfortunately, I can't say anything about how the kit performs yet, so more posts will be made. Simply, the kit hasn't been installed yet lol. I will be doing it hopefully tomorrow or Friday. For now, I have pics of the kit, and everything that came in my box of wonder, well, aside from I left one caliper and rotor out of the picture, didn't see the need to have them both in the picture, since they are BIG and I was encompassing the ENTIRE kit, I would have had to get more distance, and the other smaller pieces would have been even smaller still in the pics. Without further ado, the PICS!

I will take pictures of the stock setup, for those that don't have an SS, or those that do and just have never looked lol. I will also do side by side comparisons of old vs new parts (while uninstalled), I will try to take good pics for a how-to type write-up, in case anyone wants those pics (I will take them but won't post many unless someone asks and needs them), and finally, I will take installed pics, so you can compare stock to this setup. I am just as anxious to see these bad boys in there as I'm sure many of you are.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:47 PM

That Looks So Badass!!!!!

Also, could you do a weight comparison on the stock vs. new components?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 PM

Sweeeeeeeet!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSS
That Looks So Badass!!!!!
boy, you're fast lol. i went to read ONE Jalopnik blog, and i return to find a reply haha
Old 09-17-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ratracer
Sweeeeeeeet!
****, you too! mention big brakes and the masses come flocking in haha.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:50 PM

Oh, I also wanted to add, if anyone wants any specific pictures of anything, a close-up of some particular detail, or anything of the sort, let me know so I can get the picture for you before I install it.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Yonash
Oh, I also wanted to add, if anyone wants any specific pictures of anything, a close-up of some particular detail, or anything of the sort, let me know so I can get the picture for you before I install it.

I edited my inital reply to request a weight comparison of stock vs. aftermarket components. :)
Old 09-17-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by AaronSS
I edited my inital reply to request a weight comparison of stock vs. aftermarket components. :)
if i can find the scale, i can do that no problem. likely won't be doing that with pictures, but i can make up a list of weights new vs stock.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Yonash
if i can find the scale, i can do that no problem. likely won't be doing that with pictures, but i can make up a list of weights new vs stock.
That would be great. Also, can you weigh your stock wheel and tire so we have some idea how heavy they are? I don't expect you to seperate the tire from the wheel, but with both together, we'd have at least some idea.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:08 PM

again, if i can find the scale, i will be glad to.

Quick Reply: TCE Plus-2 Brake Package for the SS! (56K WARNING!)