Drivetrain (Excluding Engine) Transmission, axles, clutches or other drive-line related discussion.

My first post and it's long

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:54 PM

My first post and it's long

Hello fellow member, I am a new member here just been an owner since Jan 2011.I own a 2010 HHR LT, I got this in Jan 2011. I use it for work and have driven 15,500 miles as of today. Thursday 11-10-11 as I was leaving for work the car started making a howling and grinding noise. I thought it was coming from the passenger side. I removed the wheel inspected all hardware. all look good no damage or lose/broken connection. I tookit back home and parked.
Monday I took it to the stealer"sorry" Dealer, I explained my problem and at the end of the day I got a call from the dealer telling me that my right hub was damaged. I it looks like you hit a pot hole, and that they will not cover the repairs. I assured them I didn't. anyway I did not let them do the Hub for the price of over 700.00. $552.23 for each Hub alone not including labor and Taxes. I did not let do it
I bought my car back home. On Monday I ordered one right front hub. I replaced it and took the car for a test drive I found that the noise was still there. that same night I ordered a front Hub for the left side and had it Overnight. I installed the left side Thursday (today 11-17-11). I took the car for a test drive made alot of right and left turns it's OK going stright but as soon as I go 20to25 MPH the grinding in the right side starts, and the ESC light flashes on the dash if I applie the breaks the ABS growl sounds. I bought the car back home disconnected the Positive terminal on the battery. to clear the computer. after half hour I connected the Battery. I test drove the car and still the same. please help I am about to go back to the dealer and hopefully I can get them to look at it and repair it. it cost me $54.00 to get the 1st. diagnose. PS the ESC light comes on regardless if it's enable or not.the car takes over and pulls to the right I love my HHR sorry for the long story I just don’t want to leave anything out. Please accept my apologies In advance
Thank you
Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 PM

- - - sorry you are having issues, hopefully someone knows how to help
Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

Welcome to the site MedMilt. If there is another dealer close enough to ask I would go there, at under 16000 miles it shouldn't be making any nasty noises. Was that dealer where you paid your money ? sometimes they need a little reminder.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:54 PM

You shouldn't have to pay for warranty work..... If they say you hit a pothole tell them to prove it...... There would be a damaged wheel at the very least.

Oh.... and, Welcome to the forum
Old 11-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by greybeard999
you shouldn't have to pay for warranty work..... If they say you hit a pothole tell them to prove it...... There would be a damaged wheel at the very least.

Oh.... And, welcome to the forum
x 2 ^^
Old 11-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Deceased

to the forum MedMilt!

I forwarded a copy of your post to Chevrolet Customer Service so you should hear back from either Michelle or Evan at Chevrolet soon.

To add to the statements of everyone who has weighed in on your issue, something isn't right here with the dealer's actions.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:10 AM

Thanks to all

Thank you for all of your replies, I have gone back to the same dealer today. And explained it to them one more time. I did not make a big deal about it on Monday. I just figure they did not want to warranty the necessary work, But after I replaced both Hubs and still having the same agonizing noise I returned today. I spoke with the original service writer and the service manager. Telling them I replaced the so called bad Hubs and for good measure I also did the driver side. For the price of one Hub from the dealer. My HHR is there right now and I am waiting to see the outcome. Hopefully they will fix it. I like to add this is not my only GM vehicle, for family use we have a Caddy CTS, for fun I have a C5 convertible corvette for work I have the HHR. I’m a GM man and Chevy is the most likely you will see me driving. Thank you for welcoming me to this great forum.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
to the forum MedMilt!

I forwarded a copy of your post to Chevrolet Customer Service so you should hear back from either Michelle or Evan at Chevrolet soon.

To add to the statements of everyone who has weighed in on your issue, something isn't right here with the dealer's actions.

Thank you I appreciate it Thank you
Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

Welcome! Hope they get this fixed up right! Keep us posted.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:17 PM

Thumbs up

to the forum and hope everything comes out good for you

Quick Reply: My first post and it's long