Drivetrain (Excluding Engine) Transmission, axles, clutches or other drive-line related discussion.

Need your help !

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 PM

Need your help !

I have a 09 HHR LS. I just did a transmission service this month and my problem didn't go away. So I need your help!

When I'm driving my vehicle it surges (you can feel slight bucking, tack goes from 1.5 - 2 flicking) when I'm going into 60 KM. It doesn't do this before 60 or after 60. Only when going into 60. Could it be a transmission sensor ? I drive alot because of my job and have not noticed it surging at any other speed. I decided to do a transmission service thinking this may correct the problem. Any suggestions ?
Old 05-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Premium Member

mine does the same thing at 60..i believe its the overdrive engaging..no worries
Old 05-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Premium Member

Welcome to the site charvie. I would agree, thats 40 mph, our trucklets are trying to be in the right gear, at the right time.....
Old 05-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by charvie
I have a 09 HHR LS. I just did a transmission service this month and my problem didn't go away. So I need your help!

When I'm driving my vehicle it surges (you can feel slight bucking, tack goes from 1.5 - 2 flicking) when I'm going into 60 KM. It doesn't do this before 60 or after 60. Only when going into 60. Could it be a transmission sensor ? I drive alot because of my job and have not noticed it surging at any other speed. I decided to do a transmission service thinking this may correct the problem. Any suggestions ?

OK, get up to the speed of the problem area and back shift from "D" to "I". This will remove the torque converter from the equation.....you will notice the RPM increase approx. 500. Drive for a little bit to see if the problem still exists....especially letting your speed drop below 60 and raised above 60. I am assuming. of course, you have an automatic transmission.........since you mentioned servicing.

If this eliminated your problem, you are PROBABLY OK. However, I am concerned you said it is noticeable. Mine is hardly noticeable. I need to actually extend some mental effort (ol' guy, wondering mind) to notice the converter action.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Premium Member

i "feel" mine hit overdrive when im coasting around 60...if i give it a bit more gas to go to say 61 i kinda feel the car sorta jerk, which is probably what hes saying is "noticeable"
Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by charvie

I'm sorry that you are having this issue. I can do some research for you if you private message me your name, address, vehicle identification number, and current mileage. I would like to get involved.

Thanks,

Jessica L.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 PM

My 06 HHR will shift into lockup at 40 mph, IF you have a light foot on the gas pedal.