Featured HHR Submissions Featured HHR submissions, voting, and showcasing.

Kathie's August 2010 Featured Submission

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 09:21 PM

Kathie's August 2010 Featured Submission

Name: Kathie Rebman

Car Info: 2007 HHR 2 LT

Stock Options: 2.4L ECOTEC 4 speed automatic transmission, remote engine start, variable intermittent speed sensitive wipers, tilt leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls and cruise control, instrument driver’s information panel w/trip, power drivers seat, remote door locks and keyless entry, bluetooth connectivity, TheftLock, AM/FM Stereo w/CD player and mp3 playback, 6 speaker premium Pioneer sound system with 12" sub woofer, daytime running lights, fog lamps, cargo convenience package, rear wiper, rear defogger, rear spoiler, running boards.

Modifications:

Exterior: Hood ornament, Chevrolet hood scripts, chrome trim, (headlight trim, wheel well trim, bumper trim, tail light trim rings, t-handle to replace rear wiper, door handle cups, fog light bezel inserts, lower bumper trim), Rolled sun visor, stubby antenna, air brushed mural on rear gate.

Interior: Katzkin Leather seats with embroidered head rests, color code painted (center dash, steering wheel bezels, door strips), chrome trim, HHR emblem.

Under hood: powder coated intake manifold, CGS air intake, Chevy script on fuse cover.

Wheels: 17” Chrome wheels

Future modification: Razzi ground effects package, Vintique smoothie wheels with white wall tires, under hood-stainless steel panel, and a custom grille (hopefully, if I can find the right person to make it for me, working on that right now)

Other info: (8 car show trophies, 3 of which were won at 2008 HHR Nationals )

This is Danielle from the "American Pickers", we met her on 7/17/10 when we visited their home base in Le Claire Iowa.
She is super sweet!! Mike and Frank were not there as they were in Rhode Island picking.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Rest In Peace

Were did you get the t-handle to replace rear wiper?

And what Oil Cap are you using ? Vette? Got a part number how much was it?

I replaced my airfilter with a K&N unit and want to Eliminate the now Highrise oil filler tube.

Thanks and good luck winning this month.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by American & Proud

I replaced my airfilter with a K&N unit and want to Eliminate the now Highrise oil filler tube.

The T handle I got from "Race and Street"
the Oil cap I got off ebay I do believe it is corvette, but it has been awhile since I bought it and honestly do not remember for sure where I got it.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by donbb82
the Oil cap I got off ebay I do believe it is corvette, but it has been awhile since I bought it and honestly do not remember for sure where I got it.
Good luck from another Wisconsinite!! I like the mural, it's definitely unique! You're probably the only HHR that has one. Did you get the chrome trim from Race and Street? I notice they have a lot of the stuff you have on your HHR on their website. I have a 1LT HHR in Sport Red kinda like yours. I've been wanting to put some chrome trim on for a while now. Seeing yours now, I kind have an idea of what it would look like. I think I'm going to get some headlight rings, tail light rings, and wheel well trim for mine. Is Race and Street where you got yours from?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:25 AM

You could just remove the high oil filler neck and use the original cap, it fits right in.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by goetylsd
Good luck from another Wisconsinite!! I like the mural, it's definitely unique! You're probably the only HHR that has one. Did you get the chrome trim from Race and Street? I notice they have a lot of the stuff you have on your HHR on their website. I have a 1LT HHR in Sport Red kinda like yours. I've been wanting to put some chrome trim on for a while now. Seeing yours now, I kind have an idea of what it would look like. I think I'm going to get some headlight rings, tail light rings, and wheel well trim for mine. Is Race and Street where you got yours from?
Yes I got it from Race and Street. Maggie there is super nice!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by diskullman
You could just remove the high oil filler neck and use the original cap, it fits right in.
I Know, But, It ISN'T CHROME !

I plan on adding ALOT of the Polished SS under the hood.

I may polish the valve cover and paint it with the Anodized Purple paint I used on my calipers and rear drums.

So many MODS to do, I'm not sure which ones I want to do/Add first! lol
Old 07-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by donbb82
Thanks
Old 07-21-2010, 09:06 PM

Thanks
Your most welcome!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Uma

I love American Pickers!! great pics! Good luck to you. Todd (uma)

Quick Reply: Kathie's August 2010 Featured Submission