Fuel Economy - Hypermiling Dedicated to discussions on fuel economy improvements and related modifications.

CNG, Auto-Gaz Centrum, sequential (multi-port) injection system

Old 08-22-2012, 11:45 AM

Didn't see this one the first time, apparently you do have it caged. I can see it at the bottom.

Now, do you have anything between the tanks and the cargo mat?

[/QUOTE]
Old 08-22-2012, 11:53 AM

Type 1,2,3,4 tanks are all still being produced. The type of tank has no bearing on age. Only material it is manufactured from. They all have to pass the same test requirements. The tanks I have. the PRD's are on the side, not rear and date code till 2018. When they expire and if I still have the car. I will update tanks at that time. I'm fully aware of the safety involved and do appreciate you looking out for my safety in this matter. Thanks, Jim

My mis-reading. I though you were stating no cage around PRD's. Yes there is a cage around tanks.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by SlowHHRlt
Type 1,2,3,4 tanks are all still being produced. The type of tank has no bearing on age. Only material it is manufactured from. They all have to pass the same test requirements. The tanks I have. the PRD's are on the side, not rear and date code till 2018. When they expire and if I still have the car. I will update tanks at that time. I'm fully aware of the safety involved and do appreciate you looking out for my safety in this matter. Thanks, Jim

My mis-reading. I though you were stating no cage around PRD's. Yes there is a cage around tanks.
Again, I wish you luck with this. If you can afford down the road, some type 3 or 4's will save you some weight.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
The tanks look like they are factory wrapped in cf.

This is really cool, I can remember when hot rod mag did a story on a cng Lincoln, everybody was scratching their heads over it.

My question would be what happens when tank pressure gets low??

Now the really cool part is being able to keep a 500 gallon tank on you property, the govt won't let you do that with a gas pump.
The fuel gauge (4 led lights)senses pressure from the CNG tank outlet feed line. Once the pressure is below the preset amount you have programed into CNG computer (controller), it will automatically switch back to gasoline.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:41 AM

I was seriously considering this until I got an estimate on total installation cost from CNG United. This is their quote, "Thank you so much for emailing
us regarding your interest in converting your 4cyl. Chevy to CNG.
As you already know, the retail cost of a CNG U AG/PRO 4cyl. conversion kit is $1425.
You will also need a NGV ( Natural Gas Valve ) - $170, a CNG tank ( the tank size
and price depends on the size of your vehicle ). I will send you our tank pricing
sheet. Mounting Brackets for the tank - $225, Installation depends on the CNG
mechanic in your area - $4500 - $6000, and shipping and freight - $280." If I am reading this right this does not include the cost of a tank(s). I've kind of lost interest, that is more than half the cost of the vehicle plus what ever the tank costs! Another question, does all this work with my current on board computer(ecu/ecm) or do I have to find someone that can do reprograming and at what cost?
Old 08-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by 08LaRam
I was seriously considering this until I got an estimate on total installation cost from CNG United. This is their quote, "Thank you so much for emailing
As you already know, the retail cost of a CNG U AG/PRO 4cyl. conversion kit is $1425.
You will also need a NGV ( Natural Gas Valve ) - $170, a CNG tank ( the tank size
and price depends on the size of your vehicle ). I will send you our tank pricing
mechanic in your area - $4500 - $6000, and shipping and freight - $280." If I am reading this right this does not include the cost of a tank(s). I've kind of lost interest, that is more than half the cost of the vehicle plus what ever the tank costs! Another question, does all this work with my current on board computer(ecu/ecm) or do I have to find someone that can do reprograming and at what cost?
Hi 08LaRam, no needed re-programing. The kits ecm controls the CNG fuel management by piggy backing the the factory computer. When on CNG, it cuts off the duty cycle to gasoline injectors and uses that signal to operate CNG injectors. Backing up a little here, after the kit is installed there is a injector calibration test (cycle) that takes about 10-12 minutes. Compares load to rpm drop to compare needed differences needed for injector duty cycle.
I feel almost everything related to CNG is way over priced. The kit is excellent for the money. Tanks, brackets, valves, filters, fittings are all over priced. Labor as well is about double of what one should have to pay.
It is alot of work to install. Very time consuming, if you want a clean and safe install. I'm completing an stall a C
CNG kit now on a 2007 F-150 and quoted $2000.00. Looking back, I should have quoted at least $2500-$3000. That's about half of what they quoted you.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:05 PM

Talking Selling CNG mobile. For Sale

See if it might fit your needs.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...008#post672008
Old 01-11-2013, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by 08LaRam
I know this is an old thread, but I just found it. There are cheaper alternatives than CNG United if you are in a non-CARB state. I work for Wise Gas Inc and most of our system run $6,500-$8,500 with the tank and installation.

As for the system installed by the original poster, can you tell me if this system has been working well for you? We have been contacted by this distributer to be an authorize installer for it and I would like to know more on how it has been running.

Sara@wisegasinc.com
Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Classy7272
I know this is an old thread, but I just found it. There are cheaper alternatives than CNG United if you are in a non-CARB state. I work for Wise Gas Inc and most of our system run $6,500-$8,500 with the tank and installation.

As for the system installed by the original poster, can you tell me if this system has been working well for you? We have been contacted by this distributer to be an authorize installer for it and I would like to know more on how it has been running.

Sara@wisegasinc.com
I'm looking to most likely open a CNG install shop in the near future. I'll have install 7 kits, 3 different manufacturers by the end of the month.
AG Centrum works perfect on both the installs I've done. The price range you are giving, would be about the same install price of most multi-port systems that aren't EPA certified.