Fuel Economy - Hypermiling Dedicated to discussions on fuel economy improvements and related modifications.

Hhr xfe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:07 PM
ecl

Hhr xfe?

I thought this might have been discussed before but I cant seem to find any thing on it.

Im just wondering is the cobalts tranmissions the same as the HHR? With their Cobalt XFE would it be possible to change out parts and make an HHR XFE? As far as I know isnt the only thing different the final gear ratios? Is any thing about this concept possible?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:42 PM

I would guess it could be done, but Im thinking the low rolling resistance tires help just as much as the gear ratios. If fact I drive in "I" a lot now, which means no top gear, and I dont see any difference in fuel economy.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:47 AM

If I recall a lot of it was weight reduction and tires than gearing.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Banned

Tires and tuning. Keep in mind the HHR is a heavier car with a higher payload rating. If the XFE's tires even fit, they won't support the full payload of the car. You can probably do the same thing with an economy tune from one of the vendors and lighter wheels with lower resistance tires properly sized for the car.

Isn't the XFE a stick, too?
Old 06-21-2009, 01:47 PM
ecl

Yes it is a stick. not sure Ill be doing this but was just a thought I had. I read that they are/were going to be doing the whole XFE on many vehicles including the Silverado, Tahoe and more. Not sure if thats still the plan or ever was just read that some were on the internet while looking up Cobalt XFE info.