General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

100000 Club

Old 08-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by celblazer
Man I've had my SS for just over a year now and just hit 5K, so I should hit 100k in about oh say 20 years. :O
Thats EXACTLY how it should be done. Yours will be worth More down the road.

LOW Mileage, Sells a car later and anyone wanting an SS will surely look for one with Low miles, and pay a premium for it. In years to come, most will want it all Original as well.

Just look at the 60's and 70's Muscle Cars, the ones fetching the Highest amounts are Low mileage Original cars or Restored Originals.

100,000 mile cars are a Dime a Dozen out there.

My HHR is only a 2LT Panel, but I hope I can keep the miles Low.

If I had Invested in a HHR SS it sure wouldn't have been used as a Daily driver thats for sure.

I have a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air 2 Door Hardtop I have had since High School, Restoring it Again now, and it only has 71,800 miles on it.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:06 PM

When is the last year of Production for the HHR? And what Date?

When is the last year and date for production of the HHR and what would be the replacement? The HHR 2? Please advise. Thanks!!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
Thats EXACTLY how it should be done. Yours will be worth More down the road.

LOW Mileage, Sells a car later and anyone wanting an SS will surely look for one with Low miles, and pay a premium for it. In years to come, most will want it all Original as well.

Just look at the 60's and 70's Muscle Cars, the ones fetching the Highest amounts are Low mileage Original cars or Restored Originals.

100,000 mile cars are a Dime a Dozen out there.

My HHR is only a 2LT Panel, but I hope I can keep the miles Low.

If I had Invested in a HHR SS it sure wouldn't have been used as a Daily driver thats for sure.

I have a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air 2 Door Hardtop I have had since High School, Restoring it Again now, and it only has 71,800 miles on it.

Why save the miles for someone else to enjoy? Might as well enjoy it yourself. All that'll happen is you'll die, and someone else will drive the heck out of it. A car is meant to be enjoyed!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:11 PM

I usually drive my cars into the bone yard myself........ No reason to keep them low miles unless it's a guaranteed "classic" and sorry to say they don't make those anymore.

Sorry, I had to find a use for this smilie.....
Old 08-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Why save the miles for someone else to enjoy? Might as well enjoy it yourself. All that'll happen is you'll die, and someone else will drive the heck out of it. A car is meant to be enjoyed!
When I got the '55 my Dad and I restored it as a daily driver, I was lucky and worked at a body shop 5 minutes from the house.

As a Teen I drove it nightly around town with friends. I took it to 3 Proms.

I drove and have Enjoyed it for many years now, even as a teen, I'd Park it for the Winter and buy myself a beater to get around in until Spring, sell the beater and drive my baby again.

This restoration is a Full Frame Off about half way to two thirds done with it now and I will Enjoy it out on Nice sunny weekends. I can afford to do it Right now, and still get enjoyment out of only taking it out on nice sunny days.

I am Glad the HHR's are going the Distance. If it was Me with a SS HHR, I'd get a daily driver to rack up the miles on, not the SS. And I'd Enjoy it as my weekend driver.

I am driving my Panel and enjoying it, but I will try keeping the miles down.

By driving the wifes Venture minivan we have when I can.

That one even tho it's a WB version won't have many looking to restore it so run the miles up on it, very comfy with Leather and DVD.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:04 PM

I'm enjoying my SS every day, 60-100 miles. I would'nt have it anyother way.

And i won't drive a mini van .
Old 08-21-2010, 02:18 PM

I was looking for a car when I found this one...they make them everyday. Just so happened to take a very fond liking to this one :) Until I have the room and the $$$ to have a weekend car, I'll drive the crap out of the one's that I do have. I love the H, but probably wouldn't have one as my Diary Queen cruiser...
Old 08-21-2010, 05:47 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Mine is my daily driver and trust me it gets driven hard when it's out. The low mileage is due to me being disabled by an injury so I don't get out much. I did get out today and love seeing the boost gauge hit 24 and smoking the tires at 45mph :)
Old 08-21-2010, 10:38 PM

32k and 2 years.....no hurry but not saving it for anybody else either....don't have time waiting for the clock to strike classic........I'll drive her into the ground.....
Maybe I'll try to beat out my 89 truck currently at 308k
Old 09-10-2010, 02:28 PM

120k in the 07 LS

I think ive done something like 1,200miles so far this week :)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 100000 Club