General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2006 hhr ls totaled :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 05:36 PM

I think it's a PIA. One more thing to break, it has never helped me, I have had to turn it off to get up my driveway in snow. YMMV.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:15 PM

Sorry to her about your HHR. As far as the traction control, well, I don't think in your case it would have helped. It is only effective if you have enough time to stop. Its great for slippery roads and such.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:31 PM

Sorry to hear your HHR is done. Thankfully you are all good.

Time to get an SS
Old 07-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Banned

Sorry about your accident, I am glad your not injured, which means the HHR did what is was supposed to do. ( Save your Butt )

If you can, buy yours back from the insurance company, and buy the same year HHR or close to it. and use your wrecked car for parts when you need them.

I am assuming your car was in good shape and running good all the way up the point of impact.

If you do get the wrecked HHR back Prep the parts your going to keep for long term storage.

If your not mechanically inclined or have the needed space for the parts you remove, forget everything I just said ( except I am glad your not hurt )
Old 08-03-2015, 09:22 PM

New HHR for me!

Thanks to all for your concern and comments.

Insurance totaled it and the payoff was more than I could have asked for.
Sooo I'm now the proud owner of another one!!!

Seriously though I didn't rush out on this, I did start looking around and frankly found a couple possibilities. An interesting 07LT.
Initially looked ok but then saw things that just had no way jose on it. like three beautiful chrome alloy wheels and a fourth that was steel. HUH!
Then the right front drivers door and fender had at one time rubbed on each other and not last or least a golf ball size dent in the rear fender. I drove it and it seemed OK but just couldn't deal with those weird things. It was $5900 and probably for someone will make a decent ride. Not me.

So after searching the net like crazy and thinking bout the time some of these places would take to get to, then look at, test drive etc. I just said forget it for a while. I have a 2007 Ford E-150 that's cherry and other than gas in California being ridiculously high, costing me twice as much to get around I wasn't pressured to get a new ride.

I did a lot of research on a couple other cars that I considered but the consumer reviews just said to me NO. Funny thing about the consumer reviews of the HHR, for the most part people are really happy with the HHR as I was. Hey I'm no stranger to the clunk in the front end and crappy rotors. Mine had it. but overall the HHR was a dang good car.

A couple weeks go by and I thought why not look again and three popped up in my general local. Prices were not the best but they seemed worthy of looking. First stop already sold but still listeduggg.
Next stop almost just drove on as I didn't see the car on the lot and then bam there it was.

An 06 LS in black but it has alloy wheels on it. Nice, and then I take a look at the outside, SOB this thing is clean! not even a door ding, no way I say but the paint is in great condition. OK lets look inside, dang extremely clean and sharp. Better than my old 06. Hmmmm opens the hood, firs up the flash light and looks around, all nice and clean, no leaks etc.

Ok so lets fire it up, fires right off and about choked Seriously it was ok, the previous owner had installed one of those high flow, rumble your ass mufflers which I can't stand. That's my problem but the motor was purring away, nice and smooth, A/C check, heat Check, lights Check etc. Everything is checking out OK. I can't believe it. So lets take the next step and drive it. Off we go and it drives straight and true, suspension is solid and in good condition, no thump and bumps. I didn't press the brakes to really see if I could generate the warped rotor syndrome but they were solid. Frankly I didn't care if it did or didn't since I knew it could happen. I tell ya I felt as if I was in my old car other than that stinking noise!

Now the best part. This car only has 43K miles on it! Mine was at 120K.
And the price was right considering I got them down $900.00 from asking price.

There are a couple of minor issues that I'll be posting in the tech sections but nothing that worry's me in any way. Have to say I'm happy and glad to have an HHR again. Heres a couple cell pics.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-03-2015, 09:28 PM

What a great ride to find! Congratulations!

I like the chrome door handles and the chrome beauty bar on the tailgate. Really helps to give some contrast.

With only 43,000 miles, this is like buying a NEW car. The engine is not even close to being broken in.

If you can, post some pictures of your interior.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:29 PM

Well done sir!!

What wheels are they??
Old 08-03-2015, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Grizzly old man
IF the airbag/s did not deploy and you can buy it back from the insurance company it might be worthy of fixing it.
Just because the air bags deploy doesn't make it beyond repair. I just finished one that hit a deer and the drivers bag and belts went off. Not a big deal at all. You'll need a sensor, bags, belts and an air bag computer reset.. Everyone is so scared of air bags (I was too) It's honestly not that big of a deal. Mine is a 2007 with 18,000 miles that I have just under $3000 into after its all said and done.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:06 PM

Pictures and wheels

I'll post up a set of pictures in a day or so as soon as I can get time and the right light. The wheels have a center cap with the name Euromax Designs on them. No chips or scrapes :)

Speaking of the wheels that might be a small issue as I didn't notice there is a security lug on each one and the socket is not in the glove box. I'll have to dig around and see if someone stashed it in the storage compartment with the spare. Hoping they did.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:19 PM

Sorry you lost the first one but you did good!

Quick Reply: 2006 hhr ls totaled :(