General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2007 HHR caught my attention, 1st post

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:20 AM

To the forum. That panel is SWEET . Make sure you put the running boards at the top of your list. you wont regret it.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:31 AM

I think GM needs to offer the panel in a two-town paint job. I had a few Suburbans that were silver and black two-tone and they looked great.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:36 AM

Smile

Welcome to the forum, I've been a member for quite awhile altough I don't post alot but usually visit everyday. The 2007 LT panel is a combination of the 1LT with 2LT suspension and other items. The 2008 panel models will be like the window versions LS, 1LT, and 2LT. The 2LT will come with runningboards as standard equipment. You can place order for 2008 now although they don't have pricing availible yet. I just ordered a 2LT panel
in silverstone with black leather, sunroof,xm,side aircurtains 2.4,5speed trans., etc. If you go to eogld.ecomm.gm.com to 2008 models under
Chevrolet,you can look at the different models. go to Equipment groups with additonal options to see what is standard vs.option for each version. You can also see what colors will be for 2008.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by sjssk
I think GM needs to offer the panel in a two-town paint job. I had a few Suburbans that were silver and black two-tone and they looked great.
Hopefully they will. GM had a silver and black two tone at the Detroit Auto Show on display.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:12 AM

He's snapping pictures at the dealer's lot already. He's hooked. I predict it will be in his driveway by the end of next week.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by charga
Thanx.............Running boards,1st on the list
If you can, get an HHR Panel that already has the running boards installed. It costs less to do it that way than to order them afterwards.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:25 PM

Other than some color variations, the only significant change that I have heard of is in the back doors. The '08s are supposed to have the door switches on the keyfobs too. As of now, to open a rear door from the outside, you must open a front door (either side) and push a dash-mounted button....In a commercial delivery application, that may be worth waiting for.

There is also a "rumor" that there will be another version mixing the panel with the regular car. It would have the rear seats and windows in the doors while having the glass missing from the rear area, like the panel. Maybe a mid-year option?
Old 07-04-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by tcstoy
Welcome!
To wait is to want. Take the plunge and start enjoying today. I don't think you'll have any regrets.
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I wish I could plunge right in but there's only one small issue that holds me back. My right foot was recently operated on from a work related injury, 1.5 yrs ago, on a construction job. I've been dealing with the pain for a long time. As much as it kills me I'd like to test drive the the HHR Panel but I don't think the dealer would like it if I brought along a stick to push the gas peddle and my left foot to brake. (It's an automatic tranny) I'll have a settlement pending from the accident and healing time will give me plenty of time to read and research this forum as to anything I'll need to know before I buy an HHR with a clear title framed in my office. If I'm in a real good mood I may even look into a 1949 Chevy Suburban. Old school meets new school.
I baby all my vehicles and drive with the utmost caution. Never been in an accident, never caused one. Common sense on the road as well as off is a big strong point in our life. Stupid comes easy, think smart is easier.

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
He's snapping pictures at the dealer's lot already. He's hooked. I predict it will be in his driveway by the end of next week.
Oh I wish it were true unless you have a crystal ball could you do a print screen and send me the image. It'll make my day.

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR
Other than some color variations, the only significant change that I have heard of is in the back doors. The '08s are supposed to have the door switches on the keyfobs too. As of now, to open a rear door from the outside, you must open a front door (either side) and push a dash-mounted button....In a commercial delivery application, that may be worth waiting for.

There is also a "rumor" that there will be another version mixing the panel with the regular car. It would have the rear seats and windows in the doors while having the glass missing from the rear area, like the panel. Maybe a mid-year option?
Nice avatar, I like it. Back door unluck on the keyfob, works for me. If they install rear 60/40 fold down seats for a 5 seater, but stay panel it's still works out great. My old customized vans I installed port hole widows in the panel vans and I liked the look then and still like it today. (BING....idea)
Old 07-04-2007, 02:38 PM

Best of luck with the settlement. You're doing the right thing, hang around the forums and get ides so when your time comes, ........

You will absolutely need the read antiswaybar. Chevy does not offer it and it changes the whole handling of the vehicle for the better, MUCH better.
Lots of threads here on the subject and a lot of vendors selling them for $200.00 and less. It is a half hour mod you can do in your driveway. Best dang mod goin'
Yup, running boards, antiswaybar, and perhaps a small extra mirror like some of the panel owners are doing.. Thanks for the interior pic. Gotta get me one of those interior rug kits for the rear.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR
I think this past rumor and is going to happen.

Quick Reply: 2007 HHR caught my attention, 1st post