General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2008 HHR SS Version - speculation

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:07 AM

2008 HHR SS Version - speculation

I'm in this boat right now, where I want an HHR really bad. But I know 2008 models with get announced soon, I know an SS version is coming. I know it's in my best interests to just hang tight.

Obviously it's killing me. ;-) I can't keep coming here every day! haha

I've been thinking about the SS version we've seen leaked. I'm thinking there is a good chance we might see some of the more traditional hot rod colors come from this. You know there will be black and red. But I think a yellow might be there.

I also wonder what the interior treatment will look like. I would love to see something similar to what they are doing with the cobalt and the two-two matching the exterior color.

Does anyone think that the SS version will only be a manual transmission?

I honestly hope not. It's not that I can't drive a stick...I just think the novelty wears off fast for me and I think it's too much work.

Would love to hear other peoples thoughts. I need something to get me by till there is some official news. Might as well speculate....

-Mike
Old 04-20-2007, 07:28 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get some of the old "Candy Apple" colors? I doubt that would ever happen with paint technology now, but can you imagine a Candy Apple Red or a Candy Apple Green? WOW !
Old 04-20-2007, 08:25 AM

Oh man candy apple red has to be my favorite color on a car with the metal flakes. Have you guys seen the new cobalt color it looks something like that its really nice. It is a paid extra. Let me see if I can find a link from the cobalt site
Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KY Dave
Wouldn't it be nice if we could get some of the old "Candy Apple" colors? I doubt that would ever happen with paint technology now, but can you imagine a Candy Apple Red or a Candy Apple Green? WOW !
It's already here. Golden Teal Metallic is just the beginning, wait until the new Red appears on the '08 Malibu. Red kandy over red metallic. It's gonna be hot.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:36 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by mikemann
Does anyone think that the SS version will only be a manual transmission
I'm sure it will be offered in auto as well.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:08 AM

on the supercharger cobalt it isn't. same with the mailbu max and the impala.

All the SS versions (we'll cobalt does, but not the supercharger) don't have an automatic option.

The only thing that makes me feel better is the other cars this engine is comeing from (solstice/saturn??) offers automativ transmissions in those versions. (EDIT - I'm smoking crack on this one...SORRY - Totally wrong. -Mike)

Last edited by mikemann; 04-21-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:12 AM

When it comes to the auto option I suppose it depends on what engine they end up using. I think we can assume that it will be an Ecotec. The Supercharged Cobalt comes only with a stick, but the Turbo Solstice/Sky cars can be had with an auto. In fact, most publications I've read prefer the slushbox in the GXP and Redline.

It'll be interesting. On one hand, do they want the HHR SS to have more ponies than the Cobalt SS-SC? I think they'll figure out an auto option for the SC engine and make an auto optional on both the Cobalt and the HHR.

The Malibu Maxx and Impala SS are auto-only cars, but then, I don't think the Impala's 5.3L LS4 V8 w/303 hp will be under the hood of the HHR! It sure would be sweet though!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikemann
on the supercharger cobalt it isn't. same with the mailbu max and the impala.

All the SS versions (we'll cobalt does, but not the supercharger) don't have an automatic option.

The only thing that makes me feel better is the other cars this engine is comeing from (solstice/saturn??) offers automativ transmissions in those versions.
???

You can't get a manual transmission at all in the Malibu and Impala, regardless of the SS badge. Unless you're thinking of the auto with the manual shift buttons.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:08 AM

man candy apple green is like the nicest color ever made, but i would never have it on a car. That is one of the few colors that is harder to keep nice than black is.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:13 PM

my bad, it was late I was looking online at chevy's website. I totally thought I saw that auto's were not an option.

Sorry! Dumb post...

Makes me feel better though... ;-)

How about interiors...think we'll see any changes for 2008. That email that floated around about armrests was interesting.

-Mike