General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2009 HHR Build & Price

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kennys2009HHR
PAPA_SMURF please post pics when your get your Aqua Blue Metallic SS in.
Don't you worry. You may be old and gray by the time I get it though. Sorry, that's me already. Talk about being P.O.'d.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by HHRsharon
Were stripes available in 08 or are they new? There are no HHR pics in GMs gallery with stripes, either. Anyone know how they look?

GM has little on the stripes anywhere. THe first place I saw them were on a used SS for sale on E bay then here.

I would not expect much change on the SS stripe since it was new.

The only things changing from last year and this year SS is a few new Features [back up camera blutooth etc] and ther lack of a 6 Disc option replaced with a USB.

Cars don't change in September anymore they seem to evolve so much every few months. Most companies are adoptiong this way of thinking.

The 08 was really just an early 09 but still called an 08.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
GM has little on the stripes anywhere. THe first place I saw them were on a used SS for sale on E bay then here.

I would not expect much change on the SS stripe since it was new.

The only things changing from last year and this year SS is a few new Features [back up camera blutooth etc] and ther lack of a 6 Disc option replaced with a USB.

Cars don't change in September anymore they seem to evolve so much every few months. Most companies are adoptiong this way of thinking.

The 08 was really just an early 09 but still called an 08.
You guys wouldn't happen to be mentioning the accent stripes that I have ordered? On my vehicle order slip the code is 47a for the double smoke accent stripes, a $95 option. When I was doing the build your own for a 2008 back in June they were also available as an option. I do believe they are added by the dealer, or dealer installed option like the rear bumper protector.They offer both smoke and I believe either white or silver stripes. It is basically pin stripes down the side. I saw another thread here somewhere with the stripes on several HHR's. There were different styles also. I believe that had something to do with the packages the car came with. A couple that I noticed had the HHR logo in the stripping.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by pappa_smurf
You guys wouldn't happen to be mentioning the accent stripes that I have ordered? On my vehicle order slip the code is 47a for the double smoke accent stripes, a $95 option. When I was doing the build your own for a 2008 back in June they were also available as an option. I do believe they are added by the dealer, or dealer installed option like the rear bumper protector.They offer both smoke and I believe either white or silver stripes. It is basically pin stripes down the side. I saw another thread here somewhere with the stripes on several HHR's. There were different styles also. I believe that had something to do with the packages the car came with. A couple that I noticed had the HHR logo in the stripping.

That is the one I have seen. I never knew if it was dealer installed or not but it was listed as an option in the build info on a 08 on web sites.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:40 PM

Usually anything on the Build Site is factory installed. Look under accessories
for Dealer installed items. Have your Dealer look on the ordering guide.
They show the chrome exhaust tip as a dealer installed accessory but if you look at a 2LT w/2.4 engine it is welded to the tail pipe from the factory.
I can't believe the dealer is going to install it that way.

Just more confusion.....as usual.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
That is the one I have seen. I never knew if it was dealer installed or not but it was listed as an option in the build info on a 08 on web sites.
Well, when I get my SS, I'll let you know and I will be sure to include pictures. Hopefully, I'll see delivery before Thanksgiving. I just hope the new build week of 20 October doesn't get pushed back again. That would be just great if the stripes were installed at the factory, I don't know if I could trust the local dealership here with something that creative.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:54 PM

Just because you saw an HHR somewhere with stripes does not mean they were Factory Installed. Where I live there are several dealers that have a detail shop put them on for them before the vehicle is sold.
I would have your dealer check his ordering guide to be certain they will be factory installed. Have them show you, not just tell you.
Some dealers do play games with you. I have seen this many times.
If they are factory installed they will also be under warantee.