General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2012 hhr

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Arrow 2012 hhr

I was at my Chevy dealer and they said that the HHR was being continued through 2012. I had thought that 2011 was going to be the last year for the HHR. Has there been any information on the 2012 HHR as to improvements changes, engines etc? I was wondering if the 2.4 direct injection engine (like what is in the Equinox/Terrain) may be offered.

I heard on the news today that GM sales are down of late. I wonder if there will be any good deals out there in the future.

I was told that my 06 HHR with ~82K miles was worth $6000 as trade in value. My HHR has been really reliable and trouble free, but there doesn't seem to be any small size "SUV" currently in the GM line. The Equinox/Terrain are rather larger than I want while the GMC Granite is still on the drawing boards. However KIA and Hyundai do have small sized "SUVs"
Old 06-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Old Lar
I was at my Chevy dealer and they said that the HHR was being continued through 2012. I had thought that 2011 was going to be the last year for the HHR. Has there been any information on the 2012 HHR as to improvements changes, engines etc? I was wondering if the 2.4 direct injection engine (like what is in the Equinox/Terrain) may be offered.

I heard on the news today that GM sales are down of late. I wonder if there will be any good deals out there in the future.

I was told that my 06 HHR with ~82K miles was worth $6000 as trade in value. My HHR has been really reliable and trouble free, but there doesn't seem to be any small size "SUV" currently in the GM line. The Equinox/Terrain are rather larger than I want while the GMC Granite is still on the drawing boards. However KIA and Hyundai do have small sized "SUVs"

I think you better give your Chevy Dealer a good SHAKE.

They ended taking orders in Dec 2010 as far as I know.

Production dribbled into March/April I think.

They have Killer deals on 2011 closeouts right now and there are not many left.

I know as I just bought one last weekend.

$3500 cash back on LS models
$4000 cash back on LT models.

Better hurry if you want one.

I drove a 2011 Hyundai Elantra touring hatch back and it is to jouncy for me.

Last edited by Silverfox; 06-01-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:16 PM

They will have some carry over till 2012 but they will be 2011 models.

It is normal for some carry over of the past year ending with some killer deals. You just can't get picky on color and options.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Deceased

The last HHR was assembled for a fleet order on May 27, the plant is currently being retooled for the XR-30 model line AKA the 2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport. Link below for the article on Edmunds Inside Line.

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...gap-in-us.html

You will probably see the Captiva this fall at large Chevy dealers who do fleet sales, but you won't be able to buy one.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:32 PM

Not real bright of GM marketing to make this fleet only (and probably an unprecedented move for any US manufacturer, as far as I can remember). The must be production capacity limited, because this in AWD would be a real seller here in Colorado. Nice size, and in spite of their comment of it being "down market" it says they will have LT versions with all the goodies, so how down market could it be? My wife's car is a 2010 Equinox LTZ loaded, and it doesn't have power passsenger seat, for instance, so it isn't exactly top market, either, in spite of the LTZ package (which we bought for one option only - it was the only way to get memory seat on the driver's side).
Old 06-01-2011, 04:41 PM

Just looks like a Chevy Vue

I had an '03 Saturn Vue and wasn't impressed, mainly cause I had the CVT What a POS, traded it after 15 months and took it in the shorts.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:58 PM

It is a VUE. I just hope it will come with the Honda V-6.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Deceased

No Honda engine, that relationship was severed when Saturn went away, if a V-6 is offered it will probably be the same 3.2 litre Alloytec V-6 engine used in the Daewoo and Holden versions. The Alloytec is built by Holden in Australia for worldwide distribution in certain models, it is related to the 3.6 used in US spec Chevrolet models.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 PM

My cousin has an 02 Vue, 4cylinder five speed with 140K miles on it. The only issue he had were the Bridgstone tire that Saturn supplied wore "funny" and he ended up getting about four sets of tires free from Saturn along with alignments, rebalances, suspenstion replaced. The problems went away after 100K miles when he finally replaced the Bridgestones with something else.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by LewiSS
Not real bright of GM marketing to make this fleet only (and probably an unprecedented move for any US manufacturer, as far as I can remember). The must be production capacity limited, because this in AWD would be a real seller here in Colorado. Nice size, and in spite of their comment of it being "down market" it says they will have LT versions with all the goodies, so how down market could it be? My wife's car is a 2010 Equinox LTZ loaded, and it doesn't have power passsenger seat, for instance, so it isn't exactly top market, either, in spite of the LTZ package (which we bought for one option only - it was the only way to get memory seat on the driver's side).

It is actually a very smart move by GM. If they offered the Equinox to rental / fleet customers, it would severely lower resale values of the car. They already had all the tooling from the VUE, which was similar enough, slap a Chevy badge on it and it can be a rental special with **** resale value, but it won't affect the Equinox at all.

Therefore it keeps Equinox owners happy.

Quick Reply: 2012 hhr