General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Battery in spare tire storage area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hamer1
Yes the fuses have to be reseated every so often.

I've had my HHR for nearly two years and have never reseated the fuses. I have yet to have one wiggle its way out. The fuse thing from the great SoCal that we even have stickied on some part of this site is just like most of the other technical things he posted.......hot air. Has any member of this site actually had one of their fuses vibrate out? Like I said it's been almost two years for me without touching my fuses and they are still in place. I don't think GM would release a car to the market that is going to pop its own fuses out while driving.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
The Flux Capacitor.....

Good one

One of my Chevy's trunks has a battery and some other stuff too........

Old 07-11-2007, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
Good one

One of my Chevy's trunks has a battery and some other stuff too........

WOW. a spare motor, talk about being prepared......

Old 07-11-2007, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I've had my HHR for nearly two years and have never reseated the fuses. I have yet to have one wiggle its way out. The fuse thing from the great SoCal that we even have stickied on some part of this site is just like most of the other technical things he posted.......hot air. Has any member of this site actually had one of their fuses vibrate out? Like I said it's been almost two years for me without touching my fuses and they are still in place. I don't think GM would release a car to the market that is going to pop its own fuses out while driving.
Mine were loose, so I pushed them down. Couldn't hurt I figured. Fuses in my other cars were never that loose.......
But as you say it is doubtful they would actually pop. Preventative maintenance I figure. It doesn't hurt to check and may even get someone to know a bit more about their car.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by dennisgu
. Anyone know what this is for?

Dennis

SS package in a box

just kidding, to the forum you'll find many info mods and a lot of thing you didn't suspect in your new HHR.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:03 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by dennisgu
Really!? Then what is that thing that likes like a battery in the engine compartment? I guess I better take a closer look.
Make sure you read in detail how to jump start the HHR if needed!! Yes, that is the positive post, but there is no negative post under the hood.

BTW........
Name:  welcome-4.gif
Views: 138
Size:  33.6 KB
Old 07-11-2007, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
Mine were loose, so I pushed them down. Couldn't hurt I figured. Fuses in my other cars were never that loose.......
But as you say it is doubtful they would actually pop. Preventative maintenance I figure. It doesn't hurt to check and may even get someone to know a bit more about their car.
I pushed mine down as well, just to be safe. While they weren't overly loose, they were looser than any other vehicle I've ever had.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I've had my HHR for nearly two years and have never reseated the fuses. I have yet to have one wiggle its way out.
Maybe so, but you're special....the fuses are afraid that if they vibrate out, you'll put the mask on and take vengeance on them
Old 07-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Rose
Maybe so, but you're special....the fuses are afraid that if they vibrate out, you'll put the mask on and take vengeance on them
School used to say the same thing about me being special. Name:  leright.gif
Views: 105
Size:  5.3 KB
Old 07-11-2007, 09:54 AM

My son (he's 5) thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen, having the battery in with the spare tire.

Course, I got him back by making him think he broke the motor on the back seat window he was playing with (yeah, I locked the windows on him).

Quick Reply: Battery in spare tire storage area?