General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Bermuda Triangle In My Front Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:48 PM

Bermuda Triangle In My Front Seat

Any body else have problems with the space next to the center councel and sides of the front seats eating things like pens, Cell phones wallets, small children and having a hell of a time trying to get them back. I keep droping my phone down there and just listen as it falls 600 feet into they great abyss then when I finaly stop i have to move the seat back cant reach it then move the seat foward ***** still cant reach it now im in the back seat with my Scuba gear and mining hat on ready to go on a jurney under the seat to find my phone I call out to it HELLO as it echos out ello ello got it YAY i found my phone again LOL
any ways has any body figured out a way to block off the wallet and cell phone eating void next to the seats?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 PM

I feel your pain.
A couple close calls tho.
Tho i have not yet lost anything of value yet in mine, just today (when i broke my short standing rule about eating anything in my new ride ) a 1/3 of a french fry fell into the abyss , And i know i better do a search and rescue for it today, b4 i forget about it and have the guys find it in a few weeks when i take the SS in for heated seat addition work.

It IS a heckuva tight spot there for sure!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:09 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by sp52075
any ways has any body figured out a way to block off the wallet and cell phone eating void next to the seats?
Read any good books lately??

That seems to work for me. I always have a book on hand, and when it's not being read, guess where it gets stashed........yep.........wedged between the seat and center console.

Maybe not the solution you're looking for, but, it works.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:42 PM

I misplaced my phone for a day. Yep you guessed it, I found it down under the seat where it fell to from between the seats. Good thing the battery wasn't dead or I may still be looking.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:02 PM

I like that little slot in the console that my cell phone fits perfectly into. This is the first car I haven't lost my cell phone in! LOL!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:25 PM

Stick it in the upper console. As of today it's hands free only anyway. Just tap your headset to answer and end calls.

Dialing is another issue, but you get the point.

And yes, under the seats is an abyss. It is on any car. I find sliding the seat all the way forward and looking from the back seat works perfectly.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:35 PM

The space under the front seats is cavernous in my HHR compared to my '03 Impala! If something went under there you had to get a long skinny tool or something to reach under there because you weren't going to get your hand in there. And if you did, the power seat motor and brackets would tear it to pieces!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
Read any good books lately??

That seems to work for me. I always have a book on hand, and when it's not being read, guess where it gets stashed........yep.........wedged between the seat and center console.

Maybe not the solution you're looking for, but, it works.
Ok, we talking the book thickness of "war & peace" or "lord of the fly's"?

@ngelita who doesn't *think* I have lost anything down there yet...
Old 07-01-2008, 06:23 PM

Yes, I've had that problem but haven't had much trouble finding what fell. Of course, I had to wait until I parked the car then moved the seat. Oh well, at least there isn't much clutter under the seats!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:32 PM

Years from now buyers of used HHR's should make some pretty interesting discoveries under the seats.

Quick Reply: Bermuda Triangle In My Front Seat