General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Black Betty's 1st car show...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:02 PM

The local shows around me make it easy: most times they classify by year of production. Case in point, most of us will be showing in the "1990-present Stock" class (car class) at GM Powertrain. (Only exception is Dave Enright who's showing his wrapped panel in the "Commercial Truck Stock" class) When I showed last month on Seneca Street, I was put into the "1989-present" class with four other cars. The nice thing about these classes is that they're usually pretty small.

As far as winning goes, I won last month, and last year two of us won in our class at GM Powertrain, though none were best in class (that went to an '01 Jeff Gordon edition Monte).
Old 09-02-2008, 09:57 PM

Running a show with judging is at best a no win. You can never have enough or the right classes and never will everyone agree with the judges. I know from years of being on both sides of the issue. As someone stated find the shows where you fit best. Also become involved this the promoters and try to help set up and find sponsors for a HHR class and then get people to bring their cars out. The more HHRs at shows the better chance to have a class we fit into. Many shows we attend have PT classes because they have good turnouts and some one has found the sponsors. Just don't give up, or become a trophy whore, there is more to showing cars than plastic.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:50 PM

I have a stock HHR w/minmal mods yet I go to shows not expecting to win anything but a good time w/friends, to meet people & to "show the HHR flag". I think it's impressive and a definate attention getter when a large number of HHR's arrive ala parade into the show grounds
Old 09-03-2008, 07:09 AM

Dang! Thanks for all the feedback! Guess I'll be doing some more research into some of these shows. This show was pretty good none the less, the boys and I had fun and that's what counts. I was just confused on the classification of the HHR when originally when I was talking to the guy putting on the show I was told it would be SUV. And the PT cruisers had their own class I believe. Or the cleared out the dodge/chrysler class because 3 of them placed in the same class. If I remember right an SSR won the class I was in, but this bad boy deserved it. It was nice. I guess from now on I'll be doing some research and talking to promoters on this. Thanks again everyone!