General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Brand New Owner -- First Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by teknobunie
I had a similar issue, when we drove the car home, got out, it smelled like "POT"! I swear! It was so bad we had to go back in a few days, Hubby asked the sales guy if he had left or smoked "something" in the car, he laughed, of course, and said he was going to ask us the same question...we all laughed and then he said they come from Mexico...I told him if I get pulled over I was telling the cops to go verify that with him. Seriously it was THAT BAD! We would "almost" swear that some was transported in that car. But it went away a few days later....

CONGRADS ON THE HHR, you'll love it!
Man, I hope when I get my HHR it smells like your did
Old 03-19-2006, 08:01 PM

My HHR had that horrible smell also. It was smoking as well. Turns out my Brake Fluid Container was not installed properly so it was leaking. May want to double check it.

Dan
Old 03-19-2006, 10:10 PM

welcome
Old 03-20-2006, 06:22 AM

I had a similar issue, when we drove the car home, got out, it smelled like "POT"! I swear! It was so bad we had to go back in a few days, Hubby asked the sales guy if he had left or smoked "something" in the car, he laughed, of course, and said he was going to ask us the same question...we all laughed and then he said they come from Mexico...I told him if I get pulled over I was telling the cops to go verify that with him. Seriously it was THAT BAD! We would "almost" swear that some was transported in that car. But it went away a few days later....

Glad mine didn't smell like POT. I wouldn't be able to get anybody out of my car, and would have to pack a constant supply of snacks in the back, especially in this city.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:49 AM

My car smelled the same way..My buddy got in the car one day and said I thought you weren't smoking in here and I said I'm not.He was like dude your car smells like pot..When I grow up I wanna be a Mexican assembly line worker.I heard instead of retirement Chevrolet gives you weed..Not that I partake in such things but I'm saying if I was mexican..
Old 03-20-2006, 07:02 AM

congrats on the new ride. i would be easy on her for the first 1000 and change the oil out to Mobil 1, but this is totally upto you. If you do change the oil at 1000, check the filter for metal shavings.

Here is my helpful tip of the day.....
Old 03-22-2006, 06:56 AM

You guys are funny! But at least it happened to someone else so I am not the only one who thought I smelled pot coming from my new car.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:11 AM

I must have got one built during the great smoke out day. Mine had the usual burn-in smell the first day and now the smell is gone, but never had the good fortune of a pot-smelled break in period.....LOL
Old 03-22-2006, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Maybe your HHR is really made of weed so they could smuggle it from Mexico into America. Like in the Cheech and Chong film Up In Smoke.
Do you suppose such an HHR would be more or less prone to rear quarter panel chipping than the standard model?
Old 03-22-2006, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Skatetheglobe
My car smelled the same way..My buddy got in the car one day and said I thought you weren't smoking in here and I said I'm not.He was like dude your car smells like pot..When I grow up I wanna be a Mexican assembly line worker.I heard instead of retirement Chevrolet gives you weed..Not that I partake in such things but I'm saying if I was mexican..
Maybe this has something to do with why it takes so long to get one shipped after it is ordered? Part of the dealer prep is emptying the contents after it crosses the border.

Quick Reply: Brand New Owner -- First Question