General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.
View Poll Results: Interested in Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps?
Yes!
38.10%
No
50.00%
More info needed before making final decision
11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 PM

Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

I will post this is another sub forum as well.

How many would be interested in a set of mirror caps for their HHR that are overlaid in carbon fiber(will be referring to CF from now on)?

I am currently talking with someone who does this professionally. I have worked with him before on a set of trim pieces in my previous car. The work is top notch. I work with CF on a daily basis and I had concerns about the corners and bends. I was worried that the weave would bunch up and look bad. When I received my set I was amazed at how awesome it looked. Without any stretch it was easily a 15 out of 10, yes.

This is not a cheap CF sticker. This is actual CF weave applied to the parts, then covered in top quality resin. The final results are outstanding.

Posted below is an example of the work. This is his actual work on a mirror cap.

I am here trying to gauge the interest in a product like this. Possible color choices could be standard CF, silver, red, blue, and yellow.

If interested please let me know by posting or PM. Price not set yet, but know that as any group buy, the more people who buy, the lower the price.
Attached Images  
Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 PM

i have been looking for this option since before i even had my HHR. once i told my dealership i was down for the cause and for them to go pick up my car for me, i was all over the internet looking for anything CF to adorn my car with. well, i hate the fake CF vinyl, and will only use actual CF, and always wanted to find mirror caps, but alas, nothing. so yeah, count me in for sure!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:23 PM

I'm interested. Like to see what the price would be first though.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rcflyboy
I'm interested. Like to see what the price would be first though.
ditto
Old 10-10-2008, 06:14 AM

I should have a individual price and a group buy price by this evening.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:29 PM

As far as pricing goes, once he gets a better idea of the time and costs he needs to put into it he can give me an accurate single buy price and group buy prices. Once I get mine done I will open up a group buy. You will have two options with this. One you can either take your mirrors caps off and use those, or you can purchase a new pair. I just picked up a pair for $29. I found them yesterday for $20 but could not for the life of me find them again, but I know they are out there. Keep in mind, the more people who buy caps, trim, bowties, whatever, the cheaper it will be!

I'll keep this thread as a Satellite info spreader and try to remember to post all the major updates in here. The main thread is in the appearance section.