General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Cargo Area Partition/Organizers

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 01:27 PM

Cargo Area Partition/Organizers

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I'm a newbie, I tried a couple searches but didn't find exactly what I was looking for

I'm looking for ideas on any partitions or trunk organizers you all have used/found over the years
I made my first grocery store run in it, and by the time I made it home, everything had slid across that plastic cargo panel. (I do plan on getting the rubber AW mat soon)

I looked up the original GM accessory organizer at work, but it looks like it takes up half the cargo area, I'd rather not sacrifice that much
My fun-car is a 87 Monte Carlo and I've always kept a 2-ton jack/oil/ATF/water/jumper cables/air kit in the trunk of it, I'd like to have a similar safety kit in my HHR, but I want to keep it neat
Old 06-07-2019, 01:31 PM

Buy a rubber liner on some sort that fits the area.
Don't over think the wheel.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:55 PM

You do realize that the floor panel has a "hidden" truck area underneath? Personally I'd not keep anything of value visible. Even with the doors locked, if they see something they think they can sell, they'll break a window to get it. We've hidden a lot of different things under that panel over the years. It should be deep and roomy enough for most of what you are taking about, except maybe the jack.

On top however, even with factory carpet we've had things slide around. Ours came with a cargo net. Highly recommended.

HHR Cargo Net
Old 06-07-2019, 02:33 PM

Cargo bar with net for a pickup truck....

Old 06-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Premium Member

Laundry baskets have helped me on shopping days, especially with plastic bags
Old 06-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by heathenhhr
My fun-car is a 87 Monte Carlo and I've always kept a 2-ton jack/oil/ATF/water/jumper cables/air kit in the trunk of it, I'd like to have a similar safety kit in my HHR, but I want to keep it neat
FYI. That safety kit is a good idea but not for the open cargo area of the HHR. In the event of an accident, those things can become a deadly projectile inside the cabin area.
Best to limit your safety kit to items that will store in the spare tire compartment. The storage bins behind the seats can hold small things. Just have them fastened down somehow.
Safety 1st.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

Get that stock skating rink mat outta there, & add something that is good rubber & non-skid. As to the front storage bins they can be modified to be twice as deep or more.

Agree 100% w/ FMG about having that safety kit loose on the floor. Not good.

Greybeard- Nice set-up, & having the fire extinguisher, mine is in the same location, but a smaller chrome version. Lot of car shows require you to have one.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:36 AM

Do you have a panel or a regular HHR? If it is a regular HHR and you leave the seat up, you can locate a second well cover and put it nth upper position creating a "trunk". That is what I did.
Ron
Old 06-08-2019, 07:50 AM

I put a Harbor Freight 1 1/2 ton aluminum jack in the rear storage compartment, no problem putting the "lid" back over it. Weighs 30 lbs.
https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ump-64545.html
Old 06-08-2019, 08:27 AM

Are you looking for the HHR Cargo boxes that were an option when sold?

I have one in my garage...

The guy who bought my HHR wanted the back seat rather then the box.

The cargo box fits inplace of the rear seat and uses the same hardware so you swop it in and out as needed.

I was going to put it up for sale for about $200.-150.

Quick Reply: Cargo Area Partition/Organizers