General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Cheapo Car Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 11:13 AM

Call the pound and tell them, they are not taking care of the cat, and it is an out doors cat. the human socity or the pound will come and get it or make them put it inside.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:36 AM

At least you got a carport, I have to street park it in the driveway. Wish I had room in the garage. I have to use a cover because of the little tiny sap cystals that come off the juniper trees that line the driveway.

You can probably find a semi custom cover for less than 100 bucks at any auto parts pllace like Kragen's auto zone, pep boys. But the problem is anytime with the wind those types too easily come off, then you might as well toss the cover in the trash, too hard to get the abrasive dirt off the inside of the cover.

That's why I bought a coverking custom car cover w/silverguard, which is good for sun protection. Although we haven't had the Santa ana winds yet, what winds we do have haven't given me problems. I don't put it on if there's a chance of rain (minimize moisture getting through - nothings 100% water resistant). To minimze the scratches, I use a california duster to dust off the car prior to putting the cover on. If it get's too dirty to completely dust off the car, then I don't use the cover.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:36 AM

Joker,
I must not have submitted my last post at least, I didn't see it on here. Will the dog take care of the owners, too? I think they are the ones who need to be straightened out.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Founding Member

There is someone on this forum that has a car cover and psoted a pic. I'm sure Deb or Capt'n will rememeber and reply.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Founding Member

I like cats, the other white meat! I like cats, I just wanted to say that!

Here is another option for cat issues.

The article speculates if the video is real or a marketing technique by Ford.

Claim: Ford SportKa commercial shows a cat being decapitated by a sunroof.

Urban legend?
Video link towards bottom of page.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:41 AM

I have the same problem except if it the wife's cats. I had to get a cheapo cover to put on my HHR at night. It is a pain in the butt, better than scratches. Funny thing, when she bought a new Cobalt, she asked me to get her a cover also. I suggested she get rid of the cats, but no deal.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:31 AM

Yeah, I can see telling the cat it only gets one more chance as a absolutely waste of good air. Buy the darn cover... you don`t have many options, particularly since you actually feed the mouth that bites you....
Old 08-20-2006, 08:34 PM

Cats need to be controlled like dogs do. I don't understand why municipalities require dogs to be licensed and controlled and why cats are allowed to roam freely. I have a neighbor's cat that wants to come over to my house for a visit. But I make sure it's not welcome on my property. I think it hears my ****atiels (birds) when the windows are open. It has been on my monte carlo because I've seen footprints on the hood. But haven't seen any evidence that it has been on my HHR. Good luck with the cat problem. Catch it and turn it in as a stray.

Originally Posted by MEAN HHR
Hey guys I just bought my new HHR yesterday and my neighbors f'ing cat decides to go walking all over my new HHR putting a few minor scratches at the same time (they can be buffed out easily, but still...).

I am pissed, and I am NOT a cat/animal hater, I own two cats and a little dog myself (her cats, MY dog ). However they are INSIDE animals and the cats never are outside and the dog only goes outside with me to do his business and doesn't bother anyone in the process.

Anyway, mistakingly (sp?) thinking that the owners might actually care, I politely asked them to keep the cat indoors or away from my new car and I also mentioned the minor scratches. In short, they don't care. The male owner rudely gives some lame story how the cat used to be an indoor only cat, but since they recently had their first-born child the cat is now out of favor and now an outside cat. Then there was also some line about how I can't expect them to control where cat can and cannot go. Not that it matters, but the cat is extremely insane anyway and hardly friendly.

Sounds to me like they don't want the cat any longer, but don't want to attempt to find it a home either. So now I am asking around with my friends about borrowing a cat trap to catch it. My mothers work feeds stray cats food/water to keep the mice at bay in their storage/packing shed. I guess that's where I'll take it.

Sorry for the rant. Anyway, I need a cheapo car cover to hopefully avoid dirtly cat prints all over my car. I have covered parking already, I just need something to help protect the car in the process. Any ideas how much and where to buy?

Thanks guys!!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:40 PM

HMMMMM

Guess I have to just say tiels instead of using the full name of my birds. lol

Originally Posted by ssmail8835
Cats need to be controlled like dogs do. I don't understand why municipalities require dogs to be licensed and controlled and why cats are allowed to roam freely. I have a neighbor's cat that wants to come over to my house for a visit. But I make sure it's not welcome on my property. I think it hears my ****atiels (birds) when the windows are open. It has been on my monte carlo because I've seen footprints on the hood. But haven't seen any evidence that it has been on my HHR. Good luck with the cat problem. Catch it and turn it in as a stray.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by ssmail8835
HMMMMM

Guess I have to just say tiels instead of using the full name of my birds. lol
try c o c katiels

Quick Reply: Cheapo Car Cover?