General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

CHP "Engine Experts" Crackdown

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
Then don't move here and I won't move to MD.

If you think that's all we've got, then stay in MI.

Seriously, if this had happened in another state, i don't think the same response would have been said.

This is my home and I would NEVER live anywhere else. Please don't disparage it-and I won't do it to yours.

SoCal HHR hijack over--back to your regularly scheduled rant about getting pulled over.

@ngelita
EVERY state has something about it that sucks. You just choose the suck you can deal with.
Michigan has a lousy economy, bad roads, and grayish slop that can't congeal long enough to be snow, but I can modify my vehicle any way I want without Big Brother looking over my shoulder.

THAT is the level of suck I can deal with.
If California works for you, I'm happy for you as long as you're happy. But to me, all it would offer is an extended riding season. I can't deal with laws telling me what I can do with my property if it's not hurting me or anyone else.

So, yes, I'll stay in Michigan but I'd still like to mess with the CHP.....
Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 AM

Oh for Cripes Sakes!
They were a bunch of crappy ricers. Scroom!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:09 AM

The CHiP's are a bunch of arrogant @ssholes. They are nothing but glorified traffic police.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:14 AM

I read the article. I would refuse to participate is that kind of crock, and my Lieutenant would just have to give me some suspension days. What a joke. I could never be an officer in California, too many chicken ***** so called "laws" like this load of bologna. I would hang my head in shame if my dept harrassed people in that fashion.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:34 AM

Gregg,it makes me wonder what the CHP would do about your pit/boxer and your insane beagle.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:56 AM

You can't modify your own personel car in California but you can sleep on anyones lawn you want in Santa Monica and they can't stop you or toss you off their property.

Hmmm.....
Old 08-25-2008, 09:29 AM

Wink *sigh* another dreaded sunny day...

Dang--have a sense of humor people!

I'm polite enough not to say anything about your home as I probably have never been and until I do so, I won't go by what I see or hear on the news or whatever to make comments. I'd still visit--every place has something of value.

We are lucky to live in a country with so much variety in everything.
Enjoy it in your HHR.

@ngelita...going cruising this morning up PCH to her office...life is good!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 AM

They wonder why its so hard to stop street racing and then they start pulling this stuff...
Old 08-25-2008, 11:17 AM

Too much regional pride on all sides - what a great country we live in

Yes, I agree the CHP sucks - and I don't agree with alot of things that have happened and are happening in California, but I love it here and would move live no where else. There's my pride

Hyperv6 - I can and have legally tossed people sleeping on my front lawn

Peace and back to the discussion
Old 10-25-2008, 03:54 PM

Update

My nephew got pulled over in his Acura that he just bought (used). It had recently passed smog, and had only two CARB certified mods (clearly labeled with certification). The Einstein that pulled him over wrote him up as a gross polluter because he had a fuel pressure guage, which was "obviously a variable fuel delivery system". All my years of telling him to respect Law Enforcement is out the window for a while and he is so angry (he is a hard working kid that does not deserve this). Not only that but the CHP accused him of lying about having had a smog check. Wonderful, our tax dollars at work.[/QUOTE]

UPDATE: Judge threw out the Ticket, I believe from his reaction that he agreed the cop was an idiot. Justice prevailed, but a lot of wasted time for everyone involved.

Quick Reply: CHP "Engine Experts" Crackdown