General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Cloth seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 01:14 PM

Question Cloth seats

I have a new LS with cashmere cloth seats and was wondering if I should use something to protect the seats. I am considering using Scothguard on the fabric to protect them from possible stains. Has anyone used this product on the cloth seats?
My last few cars have had leather seats, so I have never had the need to use this type of product before. Any suggestions/comments would be a great help.

Thanks,
Old 08-10-2008, 01:22 PM

Read this thread https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ght=clean+seat
Mine has the leather seats and were worth the extra $$
Old 08-10-2008, 01:40 PM

Scotchguard Is Water Based So If You Spill Water Based Liquid It Will Wash Away The Scotchguard. You Will Have To Clean The Area Then Reapply. Use Something That Is Petroleum Based It Penetrates And Lasts A Long Time. I Sold Cars A While Back And We Sold The Petroleum Based A Lot To People With Dogs And Kids. Your Dealer May Sell This As A Vesco Product, It Wasn't Very Expensive For The Benefits. Vesco Is A Subsidiary Of Valvoline, If Memory Serves Me Right.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:29 PM

The paint on your HHR is water based and it does not wash away. Scotchgard is the way to go and is the same fabric protector sold by dealers for big bucks for years. Cost them $10 but you paid $100 or more.

Originally Posted by HHRse
Scotchguard Is Water Based So If You Spill Water Based Liquid It Will Wash Away The Scotchguard. You Will Have To Clean The Area Then Reapply. Use Something That Is Petroleum Based It Penetrates And Lasts A Long Time. I Sold Cars A While Back And We Sold The Petroleum Based A Lot To People With Dogs And Kids. Your Dealer May Sell This As A Vesco Product, It Wasn't Very Expensive For The Benefits. Vesco Is A Subsidiary Of Valvoline, If Memory Serves Me Right.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:19 AM

Thanks to all for your input. One of the reason that I was considering Scothguard is because it has been around for a long time. A products longevity must say something about it's value. I think that I am going to try scotchguard on an inconspicuous area to see if it discolors the fabric.