General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Cobalt 2.4 with 5 speed to test drive powertrain

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 PM

Cobalt 2.4 with 5 speed to test drive powertrain

How plentiful are Cobalt 2.4's with the 5 speed and is it the same Getrag trans that comes with the HHR? I figure since I cannot find a HHR equipped like this to test drive maybe test driving a Cobalt with the same powertrain would at least give me some idea of what to expect from the configuration.

Adam
Old 10-24-2007, 06:03 AM

The Cobalt is lighter and will feel faster than the HHR. But it will give you a basic idea of how they mate together.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Banned

Should drive pretty much the same. I didn't drive an HHR until I drove mine shortly before signing the paperwork, but I'd driven my Dad's ION and it was very similar to the Cobalt. The big difference is the driving position and the view out the windows, but the overall feel of the car should be about the same. If you're driving a Cobalt SS, the suspension will probably be a little stiffer than the HHR.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:58 PM

Note that you can only get the 2.4 and 5 spd in the 2LT.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by jdmcomp
Note that you can only get the 2.4 and 5 spd in the 2LT.

You could get the 2.4/5speed in either LT models. What I have heard recently is that you can order the manual in the 1LT but the 2LT is auto only for 2008. But I know you can get it in a 1LT, members here already have them.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:25 AM

Nope, no, cannot, can't, noway. Chevy has been on the phone with me a lot lately as I tried to order a 1LT with 2.4 and 5 speed. They simply will not build this one. Nor will they allow the AA5 option with the tan interior. This option is now defunct.

Check the website where the specs and options are listed. Only auto the 2.4 in the 1LT.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by jdmcomp
Nope, no, cannot, can't, noway. Chevy has been on the phone with me a lot lately as I tried to order a 1LT with 2.4 and 5 speed. They simply will not build this one. Nor will they allow the AA5 option with the tan interior. This option is now defunct.

Check the website where the specs and options are listed. Only auto the 2.4 in the 1LT.
I did.

Getrag Five-Speed Manual Transmission

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard on all HHR and HHR Panel models is a Getrag five-speed manual gearbox. It provides five synchronized forward gears and a synchronized reverse gear to help prevent grinding of the gears if reverse is engaged before the vehicle is at a complete stop. The gearbox also employs a hydraulic clutch, which is designed to be efficient and reliable.
LT 1LT Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, LS features:
Audio system: AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, seek and scan, digital clock, auto tone control, Radio Data System, automatic volume, TheftLock, auxiliary input jack and 36 cross band presets
Mirrors: Outside power-adjustable with body-color cap
Sunroof: Power, with Express-Open and -Close feature (optional on LT models)
Seat adjuster: 8-way power driver (fore/aft, height adjuster, seat cushion tilt, lumbar and manual recline) and manual front passenger, 4-way (fore/aft and recline)
Wheels: 16-inch fascia spoke, painted Sterling Silver
Audio system, , AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), automatic volume, TheftLock, auxiliary input jack and 36 cross-band presets
$0.00 Cargo mat, , carpeted rear
$0.00 Engine, , ECOTEC 2.2L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder SFI, (149 hp [111.1 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 152 lb-ft of torque [205.2 N-m] @ 4200 rpm)
$0.00 Transmission, , 5-speed manual
$0.00 Wheels, , 16" (40.6 cm) fascia spoke, painted Sterling Silver
LT 2LT Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, 1LT features:
Audio system feature: Pioneer premium 7-speaker system with amplified tweeters and rear subwoofer
Brakes: Four wheel antilock, front disc/rear drum
Bright Chrome Exterior Appearance Package: Includes bright chrome grille, outside mirrors, lift gate appliqué, door handles and roof-mounted side rails; when equipped
Engine: ECOTEC 2.4L DOHC four-cylinder with 172 hp
Exhaust tip, 3.5-inch bright chrome
Foglamps
Mirror: Inside rearview auto-dimming with compass display. Outside: power with bright-chrome cap.
Steering Wheel: Leather-wrapped, includes mounted audio controls.
Suspension: Sport
Traction contron: all-speed, full function
Wheels: 17-inch high-polished, forged-aluminum
Audio system feature, , Pioneer premium 7-speaker system, with amplified tweeters and rear subwoofer
$0.00 Audio system, , AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), automatic volume, TheftLock, auxiliary input jack and 36 cross-band presets
$0.00 Bright Chrome Appearance Package, includes bright chrome grille, outside mirrors, liftgate applique, door handles and roof-mounted side rails when equipped with (G63) roof-mounted side rails at an additional charge
$0.00 Cargo mat, , carpeted rear
$0.00 Engine, , ECOTEC 2.4L DOHC 4-cylinder SFI, (172 hp [128.3 kW] @ 5800 rpm, 167 lb-ft of torque [225.5 N-m] @ 4500 rpm)
$0.00 Fog lamps, , front
$0.00 Running boards, , color-keyed to exterior
$0.00 Transmission, , 5-speed manual
http://www.chevrolet.com/hhr/

Ironically, it still states you can get both the 1LT & 2LT with the manual. And there are members with LT's and 5speeds.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:47 PM

Look again,
http://www.chevrolet.com/hhr/features/

engine options and footnote 3

I have had several conversations with GM while trying to order a manual in a 1LT with 2.4 and it ain't going to happen. GM is very sorry that I am having this problem but still, it ain't going to happen. It has been discontinued.

GM also was very sorry their website contains errors, but still, it ain't going to happen. That is what I am trying to tell you. I have been there and done that. Nope, ain't going to happen. Wish it would. but no........
Old 10-26-2007, 04:57 PM

You're ordering a brand new car, just get the 2LT...
Old 10-26-2007, 05:29 PM

Thanks 1Panrl2NV, if you will just send the the difference in price that would do the trick.

Moreover, there are features on the 2LT I just do not want under any circumstances.

But your right, that is what GM wants us to do, spend more money with them for nothing.

Quick Reply: Cobalt 2.4 with 5 speed to test drive powertrain