General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

a common occurance of HHR buyers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 03:03 PM

my hhr story

Well honestly I had seen an HHR a year or so ago when I drove past a Chevy dealer but I didnt' know what iwas called. So last month when I was in the market for a gas miser for my daily driver I was looking through the used car adds. I was looking for something for around $10k and I saw a GMC dealer had a 2006 HHR for 10,800. I had to go look it up to see what the hell an HHR was

As soon as I saw it I remebered seeing it on the lot and fell in love with it. I took my father in law with me for negotiation purposes. I drove it. Loved it even more. Couldn't stop looking at it.

We went in to negotioate it. He told them I had 10 and that was it. So 10 out the door would work. They didnt budge. We left. I of course was the last one out the door. I didnt want to leave, I wanted to give them whatever they wanted.

Halfway across the lot, the sales man ran out and yelled for me. They offered 11k out the door. 2006 LS, 18K miles, under factory warranty until May 09. According to the dealer $4K under Blue Book. I'm thinkning maybe $2k. But a good deal as I am now driving a cool HHR and have started mods.

If I really had my choice I would be custom ordering a new panel from the dealer. Last time I bought a truly new car was my 83 Camaro Berlinetta I custom ordered and waited even though there were some close. Of course that was mostly because my dad was there and persuaded me to wait....

I always take backup to a dealer :)

This one will suffice for a few years. Although if they come out with a Panel SS.......
Old 01-13-2008, 03:10 PM

I looked at ONE, the one I bought that was the first in line at the dealer. It caught my eye out of the whole row of colors and had all that I wanted. Sport Metallic Red w/17" high polished wheels, chrome exhaust tip, all the air bags I'd ever need including sides, and it was cool as hell!!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:26 PM

I also had been building one on the chevy site for 3 yrs. Not sure what options I wanted. Began reading this forum last summer. Went from the 1LT with a lot of options and decided for only $1000 more I could get the 2LT with which would made it cheaper with all of its standard features. Went from the Orange to the Cardinal Red after seeing them at a dealer. Then waiting for the right rebates from GM and get my gm card earnings to the max. Decided yesterday was the day but the dealer didn't have the cardinal red but a few orange but they were the LS's. ONLY one 2LT with the options I wanted, color -Dark Gray, thought I could live with it just fine. In 2 wks I felt it would be gone and the extra gm rebate expired and I would have to pay more. Played their little game and told them if they gave me a better deal I would put the word out on the web, we had agreed on a price at that time and saleguy went to start the paper work and then came back and said we were able to put in a code and got you almost another 1.1K off.

Last edited by an08HHR; 01-13-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: correct error
Old 01-13-2008, 03:59 PM

I acually went to the dealer expecting to buy a Malibu Maxx, but, for the first time, saw the HHR, and that was that. My car had a head gasket problem and was on it's last leg, so I was limited to what was on the lot. I would have liked a SOM HHR, but there were none on the lot, so I bought my SRM, and the rest is history.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:21 PM

I just decided it was time for one. Black, Red, Silver didn't care. As long as it was a five speed (hopefully) and it got good gas mileage. Other then that I just got lucky on my purchase. I love the car and haven't found anything I would trade it off on yet...............besides a SS
Old 01-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Banned

I was looking for A Toyota Matrix style car and decided to try a Caliber at a Chrysler lot. I saw the HHR there and becasue of how it was equipt and the low miles and made a low ball offer fully expecting them to say no way. I really wasn't looking for an HHR at all. But for the money I could not find a better value (even if it was black) I have since fallin in love with the car and although I only put 30 miles a week on it..I still enjoy every mile. My dogs love it. The wife loves it. I don't feel like I have to baby it for the money I paid.

Its totally utilitarian and function trumps form in my world every time. This cars is FUNCTIONAL...and somewhat looks ok too.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:25 PM

After the first trip to the showroom and hangin out here, I was sold on black. Then when I went in with intent to buy, I saw an Imperial Blue. Black suddenly seemed so plain. The blue seemed more interesting, yet still conservative. However, after seeing a couple on the road, I almost wish I had gone for the bright silver. Definitely has more pop with the dark windows. Guess Im not as conservative as I thought. Orange looks nice too, but the rest of the family wouldnt set foot in it.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:31 AM

I ordered a 07 panel and might hold the title for the longest wait from order date till I left the dealership 133 days.But I would never settle for something that big of a purchase to buy it not the way I wanted it good deal or not.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:55 AM

I got the one I wanted

I went in with a definite must have list of options. Summit White, 2LT, 17" chromies, 6 disc, running boards, sunroof.

My dealer located one, 2 hours later I was driving home.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:44 AM

I haven't purchased my HHR yet, but I've got the list of options that I want, and will probably place an order with the dealer. I can wait the 6-10 weeks or longer... it'll give me pleanty of time to save up a little bit more cash.

Quick Reply: a common occurance of HHR buyers