General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Complete 2008 HHR information on Chevrolet website by October

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 AM

Complete 2008 HHR information on Chevrolet website by October

Good news! If you didn't see my post in the HHR SS section, complete 2008 HHR & HHR SS information should be up on the Chevrolet website within the next week! Here is the official word from Chevrolet:

Dear Mr. Jensen,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and your interest in the 2008 HHR SS. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

We apologize for the error that you received while trying to sign up for updates on the 2008 HHR SS. We will forward this error to the correct department. At this time, we do not have a period for the website to be corrected, but work continues to resolve the issue and improve the usefulness of the website.

As for the 2008 HHR and HHR SS information, the website is currently being updated and should have complete 2008 information by the beginning of October. Please visit the website periodically for updates.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438 between the hours of 8am to 11pm Eastern Time seven days a week. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet.

Chevrolet supports Buckle Up America. We encourage you, your family, and your friends to always Buckle Up.

Sincerely,
The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com/

You have received this email advertising GM products and services in response to your recent request for vehicle information.
To opt out of receiving future email messages from General Motors please visit http://www.gmcontactpreferences.com/.
General Motors Corporation, 100 Renaissance Center, 482-MAR-100, Detroit, MI 48265
Old 09-25-2007, 07:49 AM

You do realize this is all a moot point with the strike going on? Everything will be pushed back some.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
You do realize this is all a moot point with the strike going on? Everything will be pushed back some.
I wouldn't call it a moot point; more information can only be a good thing :)
Old 09-25-2007, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by misterjensen
I wouldn't call it a moot point; more information can only be a good thing :)
But with the strike, it's not "good" information. Cause they basically have no idea until the stike ends. They can publish data all they want. If no cars are being built, it's a moot point.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:22 AM

I see your point about possible delays with HHR production due to the less than one day old strike, but Chevrolet updating their website from 2007 model information to 2008 model information (including HHR SS info) IS good information no matter which way you cut it. To people who have been waiting for more information, it's definitly not a moot point.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by misterjensen
less than one day old strike,
Once it get to the announcement, things will be delayed. How long? Who knows. But at the rate of about 12K cars/day, it's easy to see how a "catch" up will be needed. And that is only when/if an agreement is made. Plus, depending on how this ends. Personally, I would not want one of the first few out the doors. Mad workers make piss poor products at first. I have a feeling 2008 will not be a good GM year.

I am not happy about any of this. The beginning of December is when I start ordering my vehicles for my customers. Last year I bought more GM than any other (then Ford and Dodge). This strikes carries on, hurts us financially. This means that Ford and Dodge will get more contracts. And I have a much better maintenance records on GM products than the other for the most part. GM always gave me better prices that the others. And since we buy about 1K a year in vehicles in SC alone, just imagine that across the country.

Publishing data on their website is great to go in an look to see what's what. But with the line stopped, it means nothing. If this strike goes for a few weeks, your December SS will probably be spring if your lucky. It's like window shopping and the stores closed.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:54 AM

Don't forget that orders from buyers get pushed to the top of the queue, in front of general dealer stock orders. We'll have to see how this plays out...
Old 09-25-2007, 09:05 AM

Your the "Man" misterjensen.