General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

cruise control buttons / fog lamp wiring

Old 04-02-2010, 01:50 PM

cruise control buttons / fog lamp wiring

2 Issues:

1) I recently installed the steering wheel radio controls. However after this mod, by buttons on the cruise buttons no longer light up like the radio buttons. They do still work. So does anyone know which wire controls the lights out of the 5 wires in the connector?

(I've read every entry in the 600+ thread about this mod. But no one talked about this that I could find.) thanks for your help.

2) I am installing after market fogs. The wiring calls for the relay and fuse to be close to the battery. Problem is that the battery is in the back and connector in the harness are in the front. Anyone fight through this? Little help please.

thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 10:32 PM

I believe the gray wire carries the illumination voltage. Did you make sure the wire colors matched up when you plugged in the harness? GM changed the pinouts on recent harnesses.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:27 PM

battery power

T,

While I can't help you with your illumination, I can on the 12volt power source. When I did the air horns and needed a strong 12volt source, I just ran a big wire up the the 12volt terminal where you would do a jump start underhood. I just looked and it is the red colored "+" cap on the drivers side next to the square electrical box. Unscrew that terminal and place an eyelet connector under it. I used an eyelet crimp connector attached to a fuse holder. This way you have a safe, convenient source of 12volt power to your relay.

QuickRick

Last edited by QuickRick; 04-03-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: I cant spell apparently
Old 04-03-2010, 11:11 PM

Prod---- I did have to move the pins... I will pull that connector one more time to see if I got good connections happening.

Thanks QR... that worked perfectly.