General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Dear Owner of PT Cruiser,

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 05:39 PM

Thumbs down Dear Owner of PT Cruiser,

Originally Posted by Guy who backed into my black 2006 HHR 2LT
Dear Owner of PT Cruiser,

I seem to have backed into your PT Cruiser. I am visiting Pearl in condo #1 my name is Rob, I drive the White Dodge Ram, I am here until Thursday my ph# is (XXX) XXX-XXXX. I will be back tomorrow morning.

Sorry
Don't have pictures, but he got it pretty good on the back driver side as shown with the MS Paint Job I did off this photo(large circle was attacked by his truck hitch):

That entire panel will need to be replaced - what part #/cost is that?) as well the bumper got a good ding and the bottom rear light is punched in and cracked.

To add to that, I was parked up against a tall curb... his truck actually pushed my car forward to the point it knocked the passenger side fog light out. Also for insult to injury: looks like his work truck tossed off a bolt, so when I backed out to go home I picked it up with my new tire. I just had my wheels turned that morning and there was no issue and I went straight to the eventual scene of the crime so it's very possible it came from that truck.

I was upset over the damage, but more upset that he called it a PT Cruiser
Old 09-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Founding Member

That is a sad but funny story, that is a little on the weird side.

Nice that he left a note though and hopefully he will take care of all the damage, but probably not the tire.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 PM

Talk about bad day. The PT comment almost makes this a unintended hate crime.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 PM

I'd just be glad he left a note...most people wouldn't even do that...
Old 09-15-2010, 09:18 PM

Dear Rob..... EX owner of a white Dodge Ram

You, nor the authorities, will never find your stupid truck, as it was cut into little tiny pieces and scattered in the ocean. Don't EVER call my car a PT Cruiser again......

Seriously though, he did leave his number so seems he would be willing to pay for the damages done. (Be tough to hang the tire on him though) So hopefully he will help get you all fixed up.........

Then you can flatten his tires for the PT Cruiser remark.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by crazycarkid
i'd just be glad he left a note...most people wouldn't even do that...
Old 09-16-2010, 11:09 AM

That entire panel will need to be replaced - what part #/cost is that?) as well the bumper got a good ding and the bottom rear light is punched in and cracked.

$4500.00 No lie.
My car was dented where your top left circle is by the teenage drop-outs who stole it. The bumper did not need to be replaced, but the taillight and reflector did. The tailgate was dented, but they pulled it out. This is a known weak spot. Superior Chevrolet of Decatur, GA did the work, and the amount was paid by the insurance company. They did a perfect repair. Your cost will be higher for the new bumper.

The 4 teenagers came back and broke into my house in February. They thought they disconnnected the burglar alarm, but didn't. When the police arrived, the teens did $8,000 of damage to my house in trying to get away, then hide. They are in jail now. Lives ruined at 18 and 16 years old.

Last edited by trfindley; 09-16-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:27 AM

Bet he won't leave a note NEXT TIME. $$$$
Old 09-16-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by trfindley

$4500.00 No lie.
Just that one panel is $4500.00 to be replaced or does that include bumper? If that is the USD ammount I am sure the CDN$ msrp for that part is 20% more (atleast) then that :O

He will have a solid Alberta insurance that will cover it all for him, pretty sure he was a more well-to-do oil rig worker.

I left my car back in town (I travel between two cities during the week) and switched off with a relatives car for the few days I am back in Saskatoon this week. I got a call from my a family member who went and checked all the damage out for me when the sun was up and said the lift gate also got a serious dent in it that I missed when looking it over that night.

So looks like the replacement list for sure is:

Rear Driver Side Quarter Panel
Lift Gate
Rear Light
possibly bumper, or if not a paint job to it.

That's running into write-off territory I figure if the parts are that high and then add in the hefty price of service for that much work then they also add my rental for the car into the total as well
Old 09-16-2010, 12:09 PM

Keep us posted. Sorry to hear he mashed up your PT :)

Quick Reply: Dear Owner of PT Cruiser,