General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

E85 performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dbeluscak
Well, that would pose an interesting problem. The only file you can write-entire is your own. The base tune from the members SS is a stock 09.

Since ZZP wouldn't have access to GMPP base, it must be a calibration on the stock base 08 for my wife's ecm. I'll have to assume you got your base from GM. Which it sounds like I might want to do. I will call the local dealer tomorrow for a laugh and see what they say. If all they need to do is perform a simple flash I may get lucky for a couple hundred bucks.

Never had a warranty and the sensors are already installed. I'm going to look into it because we have a dyno appointment coming up and if I'm going to change 'bases' it'd be best to do that first.
I think that it's just a license thing.
Using a tune from one car into another
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-different-car
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...censed-Vehicle
Old 06-23-2016, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by 2005HHRauto
I think that it's just a license thing.
I agree. You should be able to get a file license it and change the file VIN to your VIN. That has been put back into the latest version of HPT. It was in the older version and then removes in 3 and now put back in. As another option if you aren't comfortable with doing it yourself you could try e-mailing support @ HPT and have them change the VIN. At the very least they would could walk you through it. If you do a search in HPT editor it does explain the procedure.

At that point you would need to make the ZZP changes to that file.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:33 AM

So my options for getting a legit GMPP base are limited to the following;

1. Physically reading it from a GMPP Stage 1 HHR (which requires credits for that VIN)

2. Getting it from the source, local dealer.
I wonder if changing it from stock to stage 1 base will require another set of credits for the new license (hoping not since it's on the same vin)

If you are able to "write-entire" back and forth from your stock base to the GMPP I shouldn't have any issues. I'm going to put in a call to the service tech and see if this procedure is even available anymore.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:02 AM

So my options for getting a legit GMPP base are limited to the following;

1. Physically reading it from a GMPP Stage 1 HHR (which requires credits for that VIN)

2. Getting it from the source, local dealer.
I wonder if changing it from stock to stage 1 base will require another set of credits for the new license (hoping not since it's on the same vin)

If you are able to "write-entire" back and forth from your stock base to the GMPP I shouldn't have any issues. I'm going to put in a call to the service tech and see if this procedure is even available anymore.
Yes, it's still available, & like always, way over priced...
19212670 Cobalt, Solstice, HHR Stage Kit 19212670

Yes, I can 'write-entire' back-n-forth between my 'stock' & my GMPP ''tune', & no extra license was needed...
Most guys 'lost' their stock 'tune' when they got their GMPP 'tune' as they didn't have HPTuner to do a 'read', to save a copy of the stock 'tune'...

Install sheet, with a list of the GM 'tune' that you need, & there's about 20 different 'tunes' listed on page 5 of this install sheet...
My GM GMPP 'tune' is # 12633832 which will only work for a 2009 HHR SS automatic with the electronic vacuum pump for braking assist...
So, you do need an 'exact' match, of one of these 20 'tunes' for your 'buggy', to do a write-entire...
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/pdfs/frsp19212711.pdf
Old 06-23-2016, 11:23 AM

I called my local dealer and the part for GMPP turbo upgrade kit is no longer available. Which would also include the tunes. I'm going to call around but not holding my breath...

Looks like the only option will be to find an 08 SS/AUTO w/o the electric brake booster and GMPP Turbo upgrade. Then pay the license for it and I can change the vin and write entire into my ECM.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:29 AM

I called my local dealer and the part for GMPP turbo upgrade kit is no longer available. Which would also include the tunes. I'm going to call around but not holding my breath...

Looks like the only option will be to find an 08 SS/AUTO w/o the electric brake booster and GMPP Turbo upgrade. Then pay the license for it and I can change the vin and write entire into my ECM.
The part shows for sale everwhere that I have looked...
Unless it was just recently discontinued.
It's a BIG money maker, so I don't see them discontinuing this.
POWER UPGRADE K | Genuine GM | 19212670
Old 06-23-2016, 01:16 PM

Yeah, I guess it depends who you call. The first dealer said it wasn't available (I feel like he wasn't really trying..) when I called another dealer they found the kit. I explained I have the sensors upgraded already just looking for the GMPP flash. Gave my vin, and they have it. No warranties but they'll do it at a standard flash rate. 137 bucks!

Unless someone wants to let me "borrow" it from their 08 SS/AUTO. I would purchase your license and could offer some tuning for letting me snag the true GMPP base tune. This could be a possibility, next week I'm traveling from Cleveland to Montana for work. Driving with the wife and kids in tow, if there's someone willing along my route, speak up! You wouldn't be disappointed.

If not, I'll make an appointment with the dealer and get flashed for 137. Either way, I'll feel safer tuning.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:21 PM

Yeah, I guess it depends who you call. The first dealer said it wasn't available (I feel like he wasn't really trying..) when I called another dealer they found the kit. I explained I have the sensors upgraded already just looking for the GMPP flash. Gave my vin, and they have it. No warranties but they'll do it at a standard flash rate. 137 bucks!

Unless someone wants to let me "borrow" it from their 08 SS/AUTO. I would purchase your license and could offer some tuning for letting me snag the true GMPP base tune. This could be a possibility, next week I'm traveling from Cleveland to Montana for work. Driving with the wife and kids in tow, if there's someone willing along my route, speak up! You wouldn't be disappointed.

If not, I'll make an appointment with the dealer and get flashed for 137. Either way, I'll feel safer tuning.
$137 is a deal...
it will be correct, & it will have all of the latest updates, win win win
A don't know how your dealer can do this, as GM 'demands' an Authorization 'code' from the kit before they will do the download...

Calibration Information
Your vehicle must be taken to your GM Dealer to have the new calibration flashed into your ECM. You will ask for your calibration by part number depending on what vehicle you have installed the Turbo Upgrade Kit. To get your calibration you will need the serial number for your kit, which is located on the outside of the box as well as your authorization code located on page 1

https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Last edited by 2005HHRauto; 06-23-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:28 PM

I thought one of you guys had access to TISWeb? That's were the firmware would live.

Anyway, the guys that sells used flashed to your VIN ECUs on eBay might be of use to you. For LT/LS they sells for $109-$125 ish.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:23 PM

- I try and steer clear of eBay. And I'm one to never enter a dealer!

I couldn't believe they were willing first of all! On top of that they would use my existing sensors. 137 bucks is well worth a genuine GMPP base tune. Maybe they'll even toss in the "Premium Fuel Required" sticker!

I've heard it adds 8 hp

Quick Reply: E85 performance